When you’re craving a tasty, fun, and easy snack or light meal that’s positively LOADED with flavor, look no further than these delish Zucchini Pizza Bites.
Totally keto and totally fabulous, you can top these tasty treats with all your favorite pizza toppings. Share them if you dare! They’re great for parties, outdoor gatherings, light meals, or any time you’re craving something with pizza flavor but none of the carbs.
What You Need to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Sheet pan – commercial quality sheet pans make cooking a breeze!
- Parchment paper – for easy cleanup! You don’t want to clean baked-on cheese off a pan!
- Cutting board – heavy-duty plastic cutting boards also make cleanup easy
- Sharp knife – I love Henckels knives. Invest in a set and cooking will be a joy!
- Spoon – a regular soup spoon will work fine
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Ingredients To Make Zucchini Pizza bites
- 2 fresh, not frozen zucchini (each zucchini will make about 6-8 bites)
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce – make your own and save $$ and carbs
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella (shred your own if you’re strict keto, and avoid the carby anti-caking agents added to pre-shredded cheese)
- All your favorite pizza toppings
How to Make Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Wash the zucchini and trim off each end.
- Cut the zucchini into about 1-inch slices. Don’t make them much thinner or they won’t hold many toppings.
- Using a spoon, scoop out some of the seeds, being careful not to break through the bottom or sides of the zucchini.
- Add 1 tsp of sauce, a pinch of cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings to each zucchini bite.
- Bake them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet in a 375-F oven for 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the zucchini is still tender crisp.
- Let cool slightly, and serve!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Less is better! Resist the urge to over-fill these tasty gems or the cheese will melt out all over and your toppings will slide off.
- Get creative! Try Greek flavors with feta, olives, and spinach; Mexican with jalapenos and a sprinkle of chipotle powder for some kick; vegetarian with finely chopped peppers, onion and mushrooms; or stick with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Don’t overcook your zucchini or they’ll turn mushy and you’ll need a spoon to gobble them up. Instead, just cook them to the point where the toppings are starting to bubble. They should still have some crispness to them.
- Let them cool before biting into them – there’s molten sauce and cheese in them!
What to Serve with Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites
Are These Keto Appetizers and Snacks Freezer Friendly?
Well, yes and no.
They are best eaten fresh, because zucchini tends to lose some of it’s crispness and structure once frozen and thawed.
That being said, if you don’t mind the zucchini being a bit soggy after freezing and thawing, go ahead and freeze them! They’ll keep frozen for up to three months if tightly wrapped.
Zucchini Pizza Bites are perfect for a low carb or keto diet, because there’s just 3 net carbs per serving of 3-4 bites.
They can be! Just add all your favorite vegetarian pizza toppings instead of meats.
Yes! You can pop them unbaked into the fridge and they’ll keep for a few days, or bake them and then store them in the fridge. Try to eat them within 2-3 days of preparing/cooking.
Like This? ALso Try:
Step By Step Process
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 zucchinis sliced in rounds
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella shredded
- Wash and trim the ends from each zucchini. Cut each zucchini into 1-inch rounds. A medium zucchini should yield 6-8 rounds.
- With a spoon, gently scoop out some of the zucchini, being careful not to break through the bottom or sides.
- Fill each zucchini round with 1 tsp of sauce, a pinch of cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375-F for about 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the zucchini is still tender-crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!