Craving something hearty and delicious but you’re short on time and don’t want to end up with a pile of dishes? Then this keto Garlic Chicken with Asparagus skillet is the dish for you! It’s loaded with flavor, it’s all made in one skillet, and it’s perfect for meal prepping! Follow along as I show you my chef tips and tricks to make this amazing easy chicken recipe keto friendly every time!
Quick and tasty meals are my go-to dishes of choice on busy weeknights, and this one has protein, fats, and veggies, all loaded into one tasty dish. For the kids and my non-keto hubby, I make them a simple carb like couscous or rice, but for me, a serving of this dish is all I need.
What You Need to Make Keto Garlic Chicken
- Oven-safe skillet (with a lid is a bonus)
- Tongs – I LOVE my silicone-tipped tongs because I can use them in ALL my pots, and the ones that lock will make your cooking life soooo much easier
- Digital thermometer – you don’t want to mess with undercooked chicken. A digital thermometer will keep your chicken dishes safe!
How to Make Keto Garlic Chicken Skillet
- Brown the chicken in some butter.
- Add the asparagus, garlic and red bell pepper.
- Finish cooking in the oven!
- I used good, meaty skin-on chicken thighs on the bone for maximum flavor, but you could use boneless thighs or even chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time and remember, chicken can be safely eaten with an internal temperature of 165-F.
- Fresh garlic is best in this dish because it has the best flavor, but if you need to use dried or garlic powder, just sprinkle 1 tsp of garlic powder over the thighs before browning in the pan.
- Make sure you’re using an oven-safe skillet for this dish as it finishes cooking in the oven. Alternatively, you could finish it on the stove-top by popping a lid on the pan and cooking it over a low heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the red bell peppers last! They don’t need as much cooking time. Feel free to use green, yellow, or whatever peppers you have on hand.
Does This Dish Freeze?
Yes! This keto Garlic Chicken Skillet recipe will freeze. Simply cook as directed, then chill it overnight in the fridge or for several hours. Then, package portions in zipper-top bags with as much of the air removed as possible.
Freeze for up to three months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm in a microwave or in the oven at 325-F until heated through.
What to Serve With This Keto Garlic Chicken Skillet Dinner
This dish is an all-in-one dish with veggies, proteins and fats, so you don’t really need to add much to it. If you want something else, Roasted Broccoli would go well with it, as would this Crack Cauliflower with a sauce so good, it’s unbelievable!
Like This? Also Try:
Or, check out this recipe for pan seared chicken breasts.
Keto Garlic Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and washed
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeds removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels the chicken thighs. Season them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides, starting skin side down, for 3-4 minutes per side.
- 3. With the chicken skin side up, scootch it out of the way and add the garlic. Sautee the garlic for a minute more or until it is aromatic.
- 4. Add the asparagus and red bell pepper, and pop the skillet into a pre-heated 375-F oven for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165-F.
- 5. Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
11 thoughts on “Keto Garlic Chicken with Asparagus”
This chicken is so tasty and satisfying, and it’s easy to make, too! Perfect for a quick dinner.
I love the flavor of Garlic and this Garlic Chicken looks super delicious and a must try one too.
You had me at one dish. Here lately I feel like all I am doing is cleaning the dishes so the less the better.
We had this last night and it was amazing. I actually made a double batch so I can freeze like you said and I am so glad I have it ready for next time. Delish!
I’ve got a meal’s worth of this in my freezer, too!
Gotta love a good chicken recipe!! I love that this freezes well! I’ve got to try this out 🙂
I can’t get enough healthy chicken recipes and this garlic chicken is up there at the top. Love how simple it is too — perfect for busy weeknights.
It’s one of our favorites, too!
This is absolutely delicious! I love that it’s such a crowd pleaser for the whole family
We love anything garlic-flavored in our house! And asparagus is one of the few veggies we all agree on. This recipe was a hit for my family!
So glad you enjoyed it!