This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Ready for something creamy, cheesy, and filled with luscious crab? Check out this easy-peasy keto Crab Rangoon Dip!
Grab your favorite keto crackers (or try these tasty Cheesy Keto Crackers) and get ready to dip into this amazing dip!
There’s lots to love about this crab dip, but most of all, it’s low in net carbs so that you can snack without the guilt! Not only is it great for snacking on at home, but it is the perfect dish to share with friends.
You can prepare it right up to the point where you pop it in the oven, and bake it just before serving so that it is hot and delicious when you’re ready for it.
How to Make Keto Crab Rangoon Dip
Crab is expensive, so treat this recipe gently and make sure to use good quality ingredients. There aren’t many of them, so use the good stuff!
Start by mixing together your cheeses and green onion. Mix this well, then add the coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you’re not strict keto), Worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, and Sriracha sauce (for a bit of heat).
Once this is well-mixed, gently fold in your crab, and don’t over-mix it or you could break up the tender lumps of crab.
That’s it! Top it with the remaining cheese and bake it in the oven in a cute oven-safe serving dish until it is bubbly and golden on top. Dig in!
- Crab is expensive, and it comes in various kinds with jumbo lump crab being the most expensive. That kind of crab isn’t needed for this dish. Get a good middle-of-the-road crab, I used claw meat.
- If you’re using canned crab, drain it well, even squeeze out the excess water or your dip could be soggy.
- Pick through the crab carefully before using, looking for bits of shell. Remove these.
- Soften the cream cheese before using. It’ll be much easier to blend if it’s softened.
- Add more Sriracha if you like it spicy, but don’t overdo it!
- White cheddar is best with this dip. You could also use pepper jack, Monterey jack, or your favorite cheese. Straight Parmesan would probably be too strong.
What To Serve with Keto Crab Rangoon Dip
All you need for this dish is a spoon! Just kidding – sort of! I’ve been known to eat this yummy dip by the spoonful, but if you’re more polite, grab your favorite keto crackers, celery, or other dippables and get dipping!
Where To Serve This Keto Dip REcipe
This is a tasty dip that’s perfect for sharing. Game day events, movie nights, family gatherings and more are all better with this tasty dip, and the best part is that everyone loves it, not just those doing keto!
It’s also a great keto potluck recipe – make it right up to the point of popping it in the oven. Transport it, and bake just before serving!
Is This Keto Seafood Dip Freezable?
Yes! Back when I owned my retail shop, we sold oodles and oodles of this frozen.
It is best frozen from the unbaked state. Package it in an airtight freezer-safe container. It’s handy to have one that can go from the freezer to the oven. You can freeze it for up to three months.
To reheat it, simply pop it into a 350-F oven and bake it for 20-30 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly. Reheating time will depend on the size and depth of the container, so keep an eye on it.
Like This? Also Try:
Creamy, cheesy, and with plenty of sweet, tender crab, this Crab Rangoon Dip is the perfect appetizer or snack!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces crabmeat, picked through for shell bits
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Mix the cream cheese, 2/3 of the cheddar, sour cream, and Parmesan together until well combined.
- Add the green onions (save a tbsp or so for garnishing), coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you're not doing strict keto), garlic powder, Worchestershire sauce until well mixed.
- Finally, fold in the crab. Put it into an oven-safe dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350-F or until hot and bubbly. Serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.