Keto-friendly, hearty, and delicious, low-carb Sausage Parmigiana is an easy 4 NET CARB dinner to make that’ll satisfy your whole family. Hungry? Read on, and I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips and tricks for making this the best keto sausage recipe each and every time!
For Keto-dieters, enjoy this meal with your favorite green veg and a salad, and for
There are two secrets to this dish.
Secret #1 is the sauce. Oven-roasted tomato sauce is the answer to no-fuss marinara sauce. I used this recipe for keto Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce, and you can make a double batch of this and freeze the extra for those rushed dinners. This sauce is also keto-friendly, with no added sugar or nonsense that comes from
Do yourself a favor and make your own sauce.
The second secret is using GOOD sausage.
I use big, meaty Italian sausage from Costco, but any of your favorite sausages will do. Avoid those that are too fatty, as they just add unwanted fat to the sauce. And, read the ingredient labels to watch for sneaky hidden carbs.
The third secret (wait, I only said TWO secrets) is cheese. Lots of it. Spoon creamy ricotta generously on top and it melts into the sauce. Then,
This meal can be on the table in about 30
Double or triple this dish for covered dish or pot luck parties, or just to nosh on throughout the week.
What You Need to make Sausage Parmigiana
- An oven-safe baking dish. I love these stackable Pyrex dishes and they have LIDS people, lids!
- Meaty sausage
- Oven-roasted tomato sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Change up the sausage! Use chicken sausage or your favorite sausage in this dish, or whatever you happen to have on hand.
- A sprinkle of fresh basil really puts this dish over the top. If you don’t have fresh herbs, sprinkle a tbsp of your favorite Italian blend spices over the top before baking.
- This is a one-pot meal, so make sure the sausage are thoroughly cooked to 165-F before serving. This trusty digital thermometer is the ONLY kind I use.
- Mozzarella is an easy-melting cheese, but fontina will work too, or havarti, or even provolone.
What To Serve with Sausage Parmigiana
A big, green salad or another side like easy Zucchini Noodles are a perfect match for this dish. This meal is so hearty, you could also pair it with a selection of Low Carb Snacks to make a full meal.
Like This? Also Try:
Low-Carb Sausage Parmigiana
- 1 pounds Italian sausage hot or mild
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 2 cups oven-baked tomato sauce
- This dish couldn’t be any easier; you already did most of the work with the oven-baked tomato sauce found here. Just put 2 cups of this yummy sauce into the bottom of an oven-safe dish big enough to hold all the sausage.
- Cut the sausage into quarters, and lay them on top of the tomato sauce, pressing them down slightly.
- Bake in a 425-F oven for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with dollops of the ricotta, the mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Put it back into the oven for about 5 minutes until hot and bubbly!
- Serve with your favorite vegetable, and for the non-keto eaters, spoon a generous portion over cooked pasta.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.