This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
If I had a nickel every time someone bought expensive commercial keto pizza sauce or tomato sauce, I’d be able to afford a luxe vacation in Tahiti.
What are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, get one and make your keto life easier! You can save $$$ making your own keto pizza sauce with cooked-all-day-flavor in less than an hour in your Instant Pot.
I’m not an Instant Pot salesperson and I don’t work for them, and as a now-retired professional chef, I thought “Nah, I don’t need an Instant Pot.”
But as a working mom, wife, and all together too-darn-busy person, my Instant Pot is one of the most used appliances in my house. Another one of my favorite IP dishes is this Beef Stroganoff – so beefy, and made with ground beef, it’s affordable!
If you’re not convinced yet, check this out. Last time I did a price check, leading commercial brands of Keto pizza sauce, for just 13 ounces, were selling between $5 and $9 USD. I made this 7-cup batch of sauce, for less than $3. For a commercial sauce, that’s $0.69 per ounce for store-bought, and $0.053 per ounce for homemade. It doesn’t take much scratch cooking to make up the price of an Instant Pot.
And the best part? You can use this sauce with a variety of dishes, including theses amazing Keto Pizza Chaffles!
Making Keto Pizza Sauce
Is pizza sauce keto? Yah, it can be!
This is about the easiest recipe in the world, and it tastes SOOO good.
Open up your Instant Pot, add the crushed tomatoes, water, spices, garlic, salt, and butter. That’s it. Set the Instant Pot to Manual, then set it for 15 minutes on high pressure. Let it release naturally for about 10 minutes, then go ahead and push the pressure release to bring the pressure down and open it up.
- Adjust the seasonings to suit your own tastes. This is a VERY forgiving sauce. Add onion powder, garlic powder, more or less Italian seasoning, a pinch of red pepper flakes, whatever you want!
- Use canned crushed tomatoes, not diced or whole tomatoes. The consistency is different and crushed tomatoes make a smoother sauce. Unless of course you want a chunkier sauce, then go for the diced!
- Look for canned crushed tomatoes with NO added sugar or salt! Add your own salt to taste.
- Adding the water is important. I made several batches of this in my 8-quart Instant Pot, and some batches got a little stuck to the bottom of the pot (not burned, but stuck), and some didn’t. I’m not sure why. If your sauce does stick to the bottom, don’t scrape it up! Just empty the pot without dislodging the stuck layer, then soak the pot before washing.
- If you’re doing strict keto, use grass-fed butter, for dirty or lazy keto, regular butter is fine.
Is This a Keto Freezer Dish?
Yes! This sauce FREEZES amazingly! Store this keto freezer recipe in quart-size freezer baggies and thaw in hot water for a few minutes (or in the microwave) whenever you need amazing keto pizza sauce.
Like this? Also Try:
- Check out our Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce for more saucy goodness
- Try this Keto Pizza Sauce in Sausage Parmigiana
- Here are some keto Chaffle Pizzas
- This recipe is perfect for meal prepping, learn How to Meal Plan
- and be sure to check out our cookbooks!
Herbaceous and thick, this keto Pizza Sauce is the only pizza sauce you need! Save your money and made it from scratch instead of buying over-priced commercial jars!
- 2 28-ounce can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Peel and crush, or roughly chop, the garlic.
- Open the cans of tomato sauce, and put everything into the Instant Pot.
- Set the pot to Manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes before pressing the release button.
The nutrition information is based on 1/4 cup serving size, and can vary based on what brand of tomatoes you use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g