Are you tired of spending big bucks for commercial keto pizza sauce? Never fear, Chef Jenn is here and I’m sharing with you all my tips and tricks to make this succulent, rich, and seasoned-just-right keto pizza sauce!
If I had a nickel every time someone bought expensive commercial keto pizza sauce or tomato sauce, I’d be able to afford a luxe vacation in Tahiti.
What are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, get one and make your keto life easier! You can save $$$ making your own keto pizza sauce with cooked-all-day-flavor in less than an hour in your Instant Pot.
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
I’m not an Instant Pot salesperson and I don’t work for them, and as a now-retired professional chef, I thought “Nah, I don’t need an Instant Pot.”
But as a working mom, wife, and all together too-darn-busy person, my Instant Pot is one of the most used appliances in my house. Another one of my favorite IP dishes is this Beef Stroganoff – so beefy, and made with ground beef, it’s affordable!
If you’re not convinced yet, check this out. Last time I did a price check, leading commercial brands of Keto pizza sauce, for just 13 ounces, were selling between $5 and $9 USD. I made this 7-cup batch of sauce, for less than $3. For a commercial sauce, that’s $0.69 per ounce for store-bought, and $0.053 per ounce for homemade. It doesn’t take much scratch cooking to make up the price of an Instant Pot.
And the best part? You can use this sauce with a variety of dishes, including theses amazing Keto Pizza Chaffles!
Making Keto Pizza Sauce
Is pizza sauce keto? Yah, it can be!
This is about the easiest recipe in the world, and it tastes SOOO good.
Open up your Instant Pot, add the crushed tomatoes, water, spices, garlic, salt, and butter. That’s it. Set the Instant Pot to Manual, then set it for 15 minutes on high pressure. Let it release naturally for about 10 minutes, then go ahead and push the pressure release to bring the pressure down and open it up.
- Adjust the seasonings to suit your own tastes. This is a VERY forgiving sauce. Add onion powder, garlic powder, more or less Italian seasoning, a pinch of red pepper flakes, whatever you want!
- Use canned crushed tomatoes, not diced or whole tomatoes. The consistency is different and crushed tomatoes make a smoother sauce. Unless of course you want a chunkier sauce, then go for the diced!
- Look for canned crushed tomatoes with NO added sugar or salt! Add your own salt to taste.
- Adding the water is important. I made several batches of this in my 8-quart Instant Pot, and some batches got a little stuck to the bottom of the pot (not burned, but stuck), and some didn’t. I’m not sure why. If your sauce does stick to the bottom, don’t scrape it up! Just empty the pot without dislodging the stuck layer, then soak the pot before washing.
- If you’re doing strict keto, use grass-fed butter, for dirty or lazy keto, regular butter is fine.
Is This a Keto Freezer Dish?
Yes! This sauce FREEZES amazingly! Store this keto freezer recipe in quart-size freezer baggies and thaw in hot water for a few minutes (or in the microwave) whenever you need amazing keto pizza sauce.
Like this? Also Try:
- Check out our Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce for more saucy goodness
- Try this Keto Pizza Sauce in Sausage Parmigiana
- Here are some keto Chaffle Pizzas
- This recipe is perfect for meal prepping, learn How to Meal Plan
- and be sure to check out our cookbooks!
Keto Pizza Sauce
- 56 ounce no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Peel and crush, or roughly chop, the garlic.
- Open the cans of tomato sauce, and put everything into the Instant Pot.
- Set the pot to Manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes before pressing the release button.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
14 thoughts on “Keto Pizza Sauce”
I love how simple this looks to make! I am on team Instant Pot so really loving that this is made in it!
This looks so rich and bright. Will be great for a special occasion.
We made this the other day and everyone loved it.
So glad you enjoyed it!
wow, this sauce looks so perfect for using on anything. I bet it is flavorful too. Making tomato sauce is a serious matter.
It is my favorite pizza sauce, for sure, and I’ve put it on noodles, chicken, sausage, and more! Yum!
I am so glad you posted this sauce recipe. I usually buy store spaghetti sauce already bottled. Which by the way I hate that is so sweet. I can add things to it until I am blue in the face but no improvement . Also I don’t like that with very little heat it “perks” like coffee. . I hope I explained that correctly. I have to use the lid for a shield when I stir it.
Yes, you really can’t do much with the jarred sauces, but this one can be tweaked to get it as herby, as spicy, or as simple as you like! I hope you enjoy it on all your favorite pizzas!
Can I make this in anything else besides an instant pot? I don’t have one YET.. so I wanted to know if you had any suggestions for other ways to make it!
Yes! You can do it on the stovetop (though it’ll take a while to simmer – keep the heat very low), or do it in a slow cooker set on low for a few hours. You could also make this oven-roasted sauce and jazz it up with the same pizza spices – that’d be delicious, too https://www.ketocookingwins.com/keto-tomato-sauce/
Can I can these for later?
Absolutely! It freezes like a dream, too!
How do you do it without an Instapot?
Hi Lara, without an IP, I’d cook it low and slow in a covered pot for about an hour, stirring frequently. Enjoy!