This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Got leftover ham to use up or are you looking for a fabulous keto lunch? Look no further than this creamy Keto Ham Salad that’s got a tangy kick from the pickle and loads of flavor.
This tasty recipe also gets a stamp of approval from my Mother-in-law, because, it has just three simple ingredients:
Yup, that’s it. You don’t even need to add any salt (the ham is plenty salty), and you could give this dish a grind or two of pepper if you like, but it isn’t necessary.
You’ll also need:
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowl – invest in these stainless stackable bowls. You won’t regret it!
- Spatula – silicone spatulas are my new best friend, I’ll never accidentally melt one again!
- Measuring spoons
When I had my business, we sold a million (OK probably not a million, but a whole bunch) of this ham salad, though of course we served it on lovely bread.
To keep things keto, skip the bread and get creative.
How To Serve Keto Ham Salad
One of my favorite lunches when dining out is a composed salad plate. Composed salads are any salad that’s crafted and intentionally plated – as opposed to a tossed salad. Most commonly, salads like egg salad, chicken salad, and of course this Keto Ham Salad, are referred to as composed salads.
You’ll often find a composed salad plate on deli menus, but you can make them at home, too! I make egg salad, my famous Southern Chicken Salad, and this scrumptious creamy ham salad with pickle, and dig into that for lunch.
This ham salad is also a tasty meal on a bed of lettuce, or if you’re not doing strict keto, tuck some into a low-carb wrap with some crunchy iceberg lettuce.
It’s tasty no matter how you serve it!
How to Make Keto Ham Salad
This recipe is so easy to make, I don’t even have step-by-step recipes. Here’s how to make it:
- Put about 2 cups of leftover ham into a food processor. Pulse it a few time until it is coarse and crumbly.
- Finely dice some pickle. You can add the pickle to the food processor and pulse it, but I like bigger chunks of pickle in mine.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of mayo, mix, and eat!
- Finely chop the pickle to get a bit of pickle in each bite
- Add a pinch of cayenne or hot sauce if you want to get it closer to Deviled Ham Salad
- Use a good quality mayonnaise and add as much as you like to get it to your desired level of creaminess
Does Keto Ham Salad Freeze?
Unfortunately not. Ham freezes fine, but once mixed the ham will exude some liquid when thawing causing this to become a runny mess.
You can, however, freeze leftover ham, thaw and drain it, THEN make this delish salad.
Like This? Also Try:
It's creamy, it's got a tangy bite from the pickle, and it's tasty as a meal or a snack - make this Keto Ham Salad today!
- 2 cups ham
- 1/4 cup pickle, diced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Pulse the ham in the food processor until it is crumbly and chopped fine. Remove and put into a mixing bowl.
- Dice the pickle and mix with the ham and mayonnaise.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.