This keto egg salad is lush! Creamy eggs blended with fresh herbs and a few touches of my secret ingredients really does make it the Best Keto Egg Salad on the planet! Want to learn my chef’s secrets on how to make this irresistible keto lunch fix? Read on!
Back when I had my business, I sold a gazillion of humble egg salad sandwiches, and some days we couldn’t even make them fast enough. We sold enough egg salad sandwiches, that I can confidently say, that my egg salad really is The Best Keto Egg Salad out there.
In fact, I challenge you to find a tastier egg salad! We sold it on bread, of course, but I also had customers who came in and bought it by the pint just to devour on top of greens or by the spoonful.
This keto Egg Salad is everything a good egg salad should be – it is creamy, it is rich, it is chunky, and it’s got lots of flavor from a few surprising ingredients. Got some eggs? Give it a try!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What You Need to Make Keto Egg Salad
- A pot with a fitted lid (important to have a lid)
- Cutting board – I like these sanitary plastic cutting boards that are dishwasher safe
- Big knife – if you are a frequent visitor, you’ll see that I always recommend Henkles knives for durability and affordability
- Mixing bowl – these stackable stainless bowls are amazing! A great value, nearly indestructible, and space-saving ’cause they stack!
- Spatula or mixing spoon
- Ingredients (eggs, mayo, sour cream, spices, herbs)
How To Make The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
In the days I owned my business, I had a small army of teens who’d come in to assist with dishes, front of house and cash, and helping in the kitchen.
Every single one of them HATED egg day.
Egg day was when, several times a week, we’d hard boil dozens (up to 20 dozen) eggs and then peel them. They HATED peeling egg duty, but it had to be done.
I know there are a bunch of ways to perfectly cook a hard-boiled egg, but for the thousands of dozens of eggs we’d boiled back in the day, this is how we’d do it:
- Add eggs to a pot with cold tap water.
- Bring to a rapid boil and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, leave the pot on the burner, and put a lid on it for 10-11 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and replace with cold tap water until the eggs are cool enough to handle.
A caveat – electric elements keep their heat longer so you need less cooking time. If you’re using gas, add up to 2 minutes of boiling time.
How to Make the Best Keto Egg Salad
Sure, you can chop some eggs and add a glob of mayo and call it good, or, you can infuse your egg salad with some serious flavor.
After you’ve peeled your eggs, chop them. I prefer the eggs a bit chunkier so they have some texture, but how finely you chop the eggs is up to you.
Mix the chopped egg with sour cream AND mayo, add the fresh parsley, spices, salt and pepper, and dig in!
- Get creative! Add capers, finely chopped bell pepper, a pinch of Cajun seasoning, a tsp of Dijon mustard or whatever flavors you like, and customize this egg salad recipe.
- Don’t stress about over-cooking the eggs – eggs with a green-gray ring around the yolk are overcooked but they work just fine in this the Best Keto Egg Salad.
- Egg salad will keep a few days in the fridge, in a sealed container. Keep it covered so it doesn’t, uh, stink up your fridge.
What to Serve with The Best Keto Egg Salad Recipe
- If you’re not doing strict keto, you can enjoy The Best Keto Egg Salad on a low-carb wrap or bread
- Serve this tasty egg salad on top of greens
- Enjoy a full meal as part of a composed salad trio (see image above) that includes Ham Salad with Pickle, and Southern Chicken Salad.
- You can also add it to a tasty plate loaded with Marinated Mushrooms, Antipasto Salad, or this Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Enjoy this egg salad as a snack with light, crispy Nut Crackers
Does The Best Keto Egg Salad Freeze?
Unfortunately, no, it won’t freeze well. Cooked eggs and mayonnaise don’t play nicely in the freezing and thawing process.
The good news is that this recipe will keep fresh and fabulous for 3-4 days in the fridge, which is plenty of time to enjoy it!
The Best Keto Egg Salad
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- 1 tbsp green onion chopped
- To cook the eggs, place the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, leaving the pot on the hot burner, and put a lid on it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, run the eggs under cold water and peel them.
- Chop the eggs and mix with the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
8 thoughts on “The Best Keto Egg Salad”
I love the acidity, tang and freshness that the lemon juice adds to this egg salad!
This was great! Like the addition of the oregano. Going to totally have to try the salad trio now.
Love egg salad and this looks incredible! This one looks so creamy and delicious.
I love egg salad. This one is really good. The seasonings are perfect! Thanks!
Egg salad sandwiches used to be such a favorite of mine! This one looks so fresh and creamy.
Looking forward to putting this together! Thank you!
Mmm, it’s been too long since I’ve had egg salad! I hope you loved yours! ~Jenn