Need a leftover ham recipe to use up leftover ham or are you looking for a fabulous keto lunch? Look no further than this creamy Keto Ham Salad that’s got a tangy kick from the pickle and loads of flavor, and I’ll share with you my chef tips and tricks to make this keto ham recipe fabulous each and every time!
This tasty recipe also gets a stamp of approval from my Mother-in-law, because, it has just three simple ingredients:
- Pickle – or pickle relish if you don’t like it tangy
Yup, that’s it. You don’t even need to add any salt (the ham is plenty salty), and you could give this dish a grind or two of pepper if you like, but it isn’t necessary. This Southern ham salad recipe is just fine all on its own!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What you Need to Make Keto Ham Salad Recipe
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowl – invest in these stainless stackable bowls. You won’t regret it!
- Spatula – silicone spatulas are my new best friend, I’ll never accidentally melt one again!
- Measuring spoons
When I had my business, we sold a million ham salad sandwiches (OK probably not a million, but a whole bunch) using this very same ham salad recipe, though of course, we served it on lovely bread.
To keep things keto, skip the bread and get creative. It’s delish on these keto crackers as a snack!
Can I Use Canned Ham to Make this Keto Ham Salad Recipe?
Yes! This is a great canned ham recipe, but a few things to be aware of.
- Canned ham is packed in liquid, so you’ve really got to drain canned ham well. I often remove the lid and use that to press the ham down, squeezing out all the liquid.
- Just add enough mayo, 1 tbsp at a time, to get it just the right amount of creamy.
- Canned ham has even more sodium in it so really taste it before you add any.
How To Serve Keto Ham Salad
One of my favorite lunches when dining out is a composed salad plate. Composed salads are any salad that’s crafted and intentionally plated – as opposed to a tossed salad. Most commonly, salads like egg salad, chicken salad, and of course this Keto Ham Salad, are referred to as composed salads.
You’ll often find a composed salad plate on deli menus, but you can make them at home, too! I make egg salad, my famous Southern Chicken Salad, and this scrumptious creamy ham salad with pickle, and dig into that for lunch.
Or, enjoy it in a lettuce wrap or on a low carb tortilla. There are so many possibilities!
This ham salad is also a tasty meal on a bed of lettuce, or if you’re not doing strict keto, tuck some into a low-carb wrap with some crunchy iceberg lettuce.
It’s tasty no matter how you serve it!
How to Make Keto Ham Salad
This low carb ham salad recipe is so easy to make, I don’t even have step-by-step photos. Here’s how to make it:
- Put about 2 cups of leftover ham into a food processor. Pulse it a few times until it is coarse and crumbly.
- Finely dice some pickle. You can add the pickle to the food processor and pulse it, but I like bigger chunks of pickle in mine.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of mayo, mix, and eat!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Finely chop the pickle to get a bit of pickle in each bite
- Use dill pickle relish or sweet pickle relish to change up the flavor a bit
- Add a pinch of cayenne or hot sauce if you want to get it closer to Deviled Ham Salad
- Use a good quality mayonnaise and add as much as you like to get it to your desired level of creaminess
Does Keto Ham Salad Freeze?
Unfortunately not. Ham freezes fine, but once mixed the ham will exude some liquid when thawing causing this to become a runny mess.
You can, however, freeze leftover ham, thaw and drain it, THEN make this delish keto recipe.
Like This? Also Try:
Keto Ham Salad
- 2 cups ham
- 1/4 cup pickle diced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Pulse the ham in the food processor until it is crumbly and chopped fine. Remove and put into a mixing bowl.
- Dice the pickle and mix with the ham and mayonnaise.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
More Keto Deliciousness!
- Sausage Parmigiana is creamy, saucy, and cheesy!
- This is a dump-and-go recipe for sauerkraut lovers
- Egg bites are the perfect breakfast
- Love cauliflower? This recipe is the bomb!
6 thoughts on “Keto Ham Salad with Pickle”
When the mother in law approves, you KNOW it’s good! This was a great way to use up leftover ham!
How true! So glad you enjoyed 🙂
What a great recipe for using up that leftover ham from Easter! Cool! Thanks so much for sharing.
I’m always looking for ways to use up leftover ham and this is my new favourite. What a great idea – thank you! xx
I never thought to make ham salad, this is such a great idea! Perfect way to use up leftovers!
Simple yet tasty! My husband loves pickles, and he loved this ham salad on Maria Emmerich’s viral buns!