This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Got leftover ham to use up or are you looking for a fabulous keto lunch? Look no further than this creamy Keto Ham Salad that’s got a tangy kick from the pickle and loads of flavor.
This tasty recipe also gets a stamp of approval from my Mother-in-law, because, it has just three simple ingredients:
Yup, that’s it. You don’t even need to add any salt (the ham is plenty salty), and you could give this dish a grind or two of pepper if you like, but it isn’t necessary.
You’ll also need:
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowl – invest in these stainless stackable bowls. You won’t regret it!
- Spatula – silicone spatulas are my new best friend, I’ll never accidentally melt one again!
- Measuring spoons
When I had my business, we sold a million (OK probably not a million, but a whole bunch) of this ham salad, though of course we served it on lovely bread.
To keep things keto, skip the bread and get creative.
How To Serve Keto Ham Salad
One of my favorite lunches when dining out is a composed salad plate. Composed salads are any salad that’s crafted and intentionally plated – as opposed to a tossed salad. Most commonly, salads like egg salad, chicken salad, and of course this Keto Ham Salad, are referred to as composed salads.
You’ll often find a composed salad plate on deli menus, but you can make them at home, too! I make egg salad, my famous Southern Chicken Salad, and this scrumptious creamy ham salad with pickle, and dig into that for lunch.
This ham salad is also a tasty meal on a bed of lettuce, or if you’re not doing strict keto, tuck some into a low-carb wrap with some crunchy iceberg lettuce.
It’s tasty no matter how you serve it!
How to Make Keto Ham Salad
This recipe is so easy to make, I don’t even have step-by-step recipes. Here’s how to make it:
- Put about 2 cups of leftover ham into a food processor. Pulse it a few time until it is coarse and crumbly.
- Finely dice some pickle. You can add the pickle to the food processor and pulse it, but I like bigger chunks of pickle in mine.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of mayo, mix, and eat!
- Finely chop the pickle to get a bit of pickle in each bite
- Add a pinch of cayenne or hot sauce if you want to get it closer to Deviled Ham Salad
- Use a good quality mayonnaise and add as much as you like to get it to your desired level of creaminess
Does Keto Ham Salad Freeze?
Unfortunately not. Ham freezes fine, but once mixed the ham will exude some liquid when thawing causing this to become a runny mess.
You can, however, freeze leftover ham, thaw and drain it, THEN make this delish salad.
Like This? Also Try:
Keto Ham Salad
- 2 cups ham
- 1/4 cup pickle diced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Pulse the ham in the food processor until it is crumbly and chopped fine. Remove and put into a mixing bowl.
- Dice the pickle and mix with the ham and mayonnaise.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.