This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
You might think that you’re sick of cauliflower or have tried it all, but this Crack Cauliflower is so good, you’ll fall in love with it all over again!
Super-yummy and easy too, this is a delicious way to prepare cauliflower, and we’ve been eating it this way long before cauliflower became so popular.
HOw to Make Keto Crack CAuliflower
Start with fresh cauliflower; frozen cauliflower just won’t work for this recipe. Then, make a sauce from butter, mustard – Dijon if you have it, white wine (optional), lemon juice, and garlic.
Don’t worry, there isn’t enough wine to throw off the carb count, and it does add much-needed flavor and acidity. Besides, there’s just something so classic and oh-so-delicious about the combination of wine, butter, and mustard.
Toss all that together with the cauliflower which you’ve cut into large bite-size pieces, then roast it on a sheet pan with raised sides to catch all the liquid.
Roast the Crack Cauliflower in a hot oven (about 425-F) until it starts getting brown and caramelized. Toss it halfway through cooking to get brown toasty bits on the other side.
Roasting cauliflower transforms this humble veggie from something that can be kind of nasty-tasting, to a culinary delight. Slightly nutty in flavor while still retaining a crunch (don’t overcook it!), and smothered in that crave-worthy sauce, man, it’s all you need for a home-cooked dinner.
What To Serve with This Keto Side Dish Recipe
I’ve served Crack Cauliflower with all sorts of meats and sides.
But, this is a flavor-heavy dish, so you don’t want to serve it with other big flavors. Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, sausage, Beef Kefta Kabobs, and even fish will go swimmingly with Crack Cauliflower. I wouldn’t serve it with anything else saucy, or the flavors could clash.
Get Creative with Crack Cauliflower
And, this cauliflower dish can be jazzed up with a few other ingredients, to change things up a bit. Here are a few that I’ve used:
- 2 tbsp drained and chopped capers
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Fresh garlic can go green in the presence of an acid like lemon juice or white wine, so don’t be freaked out! It’ll still taste great.
- Use fresh, not frozen, cauliflower for this recipe.
- Don’t have Dijon? Use regular mustard.
- If you use unsalted butter, you will have to add a touch more salt to the recipe.
Does Crack Cauliflower Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze this keto side dish recipe. However, it won’t come out quite as good as eating it fresh from the oven.
To freeze it, wrap it tightly in a freezer-friendly plastic bag squeezing out as much of the air as possible. Freeze it for up to three months.
Thaw it in the fridge overnight or in the microwave if you’re pressed for time. Heat it in a microwave-safe dish until warm, or roast it in a 425-F oven for just a few minutes until it is warmed through.
Frozen and thawed cauliflower will give off some extra liquid, so don’t be alarmed if this seems a bit watery when you thaw and reheat it.
Like This? Also Try:
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- Skillet Cabbage with Bacon and Garlic
- Roasted Broccoli
- and be sure to check out my cookbook page!
- whole head of cauliflower broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp Dijon or yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 each cloves of garlic minced fine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425-F.
- Prepare the Crack Cauliflower by removing the leaves and cutting away most of the stem. Break the cauliflower into florets, then cut each floret into large bite-size pieces. Put the cauliflower into a large bowl for mixing.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a microwave safe container (watch it doesn’t foam over). Add the mustard, white wine, and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Toss the cauliflower with the butter sauce. Then, spread the cauliflower out onto a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Make sure to scrape out all the yummy butter sauce from the bowl.
- Bake at 425-F for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork-tender but still crisp, and brown around some edges. Stir it once about halfway through the cooking time.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the top before serving Crack Cauliflower, and top it with any remaining sauce from the pan. Yum!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.