This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Revolutionizing keto breakfast recipes, the Dash Egg Bite Maker is my newest favorite small appliance for making keto egg bites. This is a cute, affordable, compact, and easy device to use, and within about 10 minutes, I can be munching on something cheesy and tasty.
This device is pure genius. It has a water bath that keeps the eggs moist and that keeps them from drying out or getting rubbery, and with your own blend of fabulous ingredients, you can be enjoying keto egg bites just like the sous vide eggs bites that Starbucks is famous for.
This is also a crazy-affordable way to make breakfast. For less than $1, you can eat them on the go, at your office, at home with a cup of coffee, or for keto snacks. Watch how quickly you save money, if you’ve been buying them at Starbucks.
This Starbucks copycat recipe for Egg Bites is easily customizable. In this recipe, I’m using a double cheddar cheese blend and spinach. I find a touch of cream and green onion enliven the flavor and add richness. Want to try something different? Check out these Bacon and Cheese Egg Bites.
How to Use The Dash Egg Bites Maker
You won’t believe how easy it is to use the Dash Egg Bites Maker to make keto egg bites. The cups are silicone, so they don’t need any added butter or oil to keep from sticking. So that’s a bonus.
Simply fill one of the egg cups with water and put the water in the bottom pan of the Egg Bites Maker. Then, whip your eggs, add the cream and a touch of salt and pepper if you like, and load the cups about 3/4 of the way full. I then add my solid ingredients and top the egg cups off with a bit more egg mixture.
Don’t overfill the egg cups – they could overflow and make a watery mess inside the device.
- I buy frozen spinach and keep it on hand. I buy the kind that comes in little pucks or cubes, so that I can defrost as much spinach as I need and can keep the rest frozen. This works like a dream for this recipe.
- Change up the cheese! I used a double-cheddar blend because that’s what I had on hand. Swiss, gruyere, Parmesan, and many other kinds of cheese could easily be added to switch up the flavor profile.
- Don’t like onion? Don’t add it! Use what you like!
- Customize these just how you like them! Add a touch of red pepper flakes to add some spice, add a touch of garlic powder to make them more savory, or chop up some ham or bacon to go inside.
Easy, tasty, quick and cheap, these Keto Egg Bites with Spinach and Cheese are an easy dish to make at home!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed and chopped
- 1/2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
1. Fill the Dash Egg Bite Maker with water as per the instructions. Preheat it.
2. Whip the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper. Fill the egg cups 3/4 of the way full with the egg mixture. Add the cheese, onion, and spinach to the egg cups and top with the remaining egg mixture. Do not overfill the cups!
3. Close the lid on the Dash Egg Bites Maker and cook for about 7 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
4. Remove from the cups, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 420mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.