Give your tired old coleslaw a makeover with this updated twist on a classic: Pickle Slaw with Bacon! It’s got the whole sweet and tangy thing going on, giving it plenty of flavor, and the crunchy pickle bits and salty bacon are just oh-so good! Read on and I’ll share with you all my chef’s tips and tricks to make this amazing keto coleslaw!
This keto slaw recipe is totally keto! Brown sugar substitute (I like So Nourished Gold) adds all the keto-safe sweetness you need in this dish.
When I eat slaw, this is what I’m looking for. Toss out those bottles of prepared coleslaw dressing and make your own with just a handful of ingredients.
And, to make this even easier, you can use a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw, you know the kind, with green and purple cabbage and a bit of carrot for color.
Is cabbage keto? Oh my, yes! Check out all about cabbage right here.
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
Pickle Slaw with Bacon is Versatile!
This keto coleslaw recipe is on the table in no time, making it a great choice for weeknight dinners. I like to serve it with anything off the grill, like these Lemon-Oregano Chicken Kabobs, but it is equally fabulous next to seafood like with these Salmon Cakes.
This slaw is also perfect for meal prepping. I had some leftover grilled steak and made hubby a lunch the next day that he was happy to show off to his co-workers. Ya, sometimes being married to a retired chef is a real burden!
Perfect for picnics, backyard BBQs, weeknight dinners, or feeding the family, everybody will be raving about this Pickle Slaw with Bacon recipe!
What You Need to Make Pickle Slaw with Bacon
Not much, is the easy answer, but you will need a few things, like:
- A large mixing bowl – this is my chance to rave about these stacking stainless bowls
- A small mixing bowl – if you had those stacking mixing bowls, you’d be all set
- A whisk
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- and of course, your ingredients, including a brown sugar substitute. I like So Nourished Gold brown sugar substitute.
How to Make This Flavor-Packed Coleslaw Recipe
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Fry the bacon and chop the pickle.
- Toss it all together.
- Using bagged slaw mix makes this dish super easy, but you can always shred your own cabbage.
- Add a touch of thinly sliced red onion or sprinkle in green onions to add extra flavor!
- Like celery seed in your slaw? Add a 1/4 tsp of celery seed to give it a bit of celery flavor.
- Need to make this ahead of time? Prepare the dressing and fry the bacon. Then, toss it all together at the last minute.
- This is another version of keto coleslaw that’s also terrific!
Does Pickle Slaw with Bacon Freeze?
I’m afraid not. Make and enjoy this dish fresh – you won’t regret it!
Like This? Also Try:
Pickle Slaw with Bacon
- 14 ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 cup raw bacon sliced and fried
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chopped
- 2 tsp So Nourished Gold Brown Sugar Substitute or your favorite brand
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Chop the bacon and fry it until it is crisp and lightly brown.
- To mix the dressing, combine chopped pickle, mayo, pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Combine the dressing and the bacon with the coleslaw shreds and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
13 thoughts on “Pickle Slaw with Bacon – Oh My!”
Looks so simple and yummy! I just might have to make this for Easter, thanks for sharing!
Great but deleted the Sugar and used Mustard with Horseradish as we like a savory Slaw
Sounds like a tasty alternative!
I was looking for a recipe like this, thank you for sharing!
I love this recipe. I’ve made coleslaw with apple and raisins but never like this and I’m such a bacon fan! Def on my to try list!
It is a neat idea to add pickle into slaw. The additional tang is lovely, and it’s a fun way to use up the bottle of pickle I have at home. 🙂
Definitely going to be making this slaw. We’ve been having lovely weather in the UK recently so would love this out in the garden with some barbecued meat or something!
Made this today – yum! The only change was that I used homemade mayo so I used the full recipe (about 1 heaping cup) because I like my coleslaw to be more on the drippy side. Next time I may add some of your suggested add-ins such as onions or celery seed. I may also use Lakanto golden instead of Brown Swerve next time.
I bet it was doubly delicious with homemade mayo! So glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for coming back to leave a comment!
I have never had slaw with bacon before. And now I’m wondering why that is. Gotta try this slaw!
This was the perfect summer side! So easy and so much flavor. Will definitely make again!
Sounds tasty, but 400+ calories in 1/2 cup serving?
There was clearly a problem! I’ve fixed it – thanks for bringing this to my attention. 162 cals per 1/2 cup is much more reasonable 🙂