Give your tired old coleslaw a makeover with this updated twist on a classic: Pickle Slaw with Bacon! It’s got the whole sweet and tangy thing going on, giving it plenty of flavor, and the crunchy pickle bits and salty bacon are just oh-so good! Read on and I’ll share with you all my chef’s tips and tricks to make this amazing keto coleslaw!
This keto slaw recipe is totally keto! Brown sugar substitute (I like So Nourished Gold) adds all the keto-safe sweetness you need in this dish.
When I eat slaw, this is what I’m looking for. Toss out those bottles of prepared coleslaw dressing and make your own with just a handful of ingredients.
And, to make this even easier, you can use a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw, you know the kind, with green and purple cabbage and a bit of carrot for color.
Pickle Slaw with Bacon is Versatile!
This keto coleslaw recipe is on the table in no time, making it a great choice for weeknight dinners. I like to serve it with anything off the grill, like these Lemon-Oregano Chicken Kabobs, but it is equally fabulous next to seafood like with these Salmon Cakes.
This slaw is also perfect for meal prepping. I had some leftover grilled steak and made hubby a lunch the next day that he was happy to show off to his co-workers. Ya, sometimes being married to a retired chef is a real burden!
Perfect for picnics, backyard BBQs, weeknight dinners, or feeding the family, everybody will be raving about this Pickle Slaw with Bacon recipe!
What You Need to Make Pickle Slaw with Bacon
Not much, is the easy answer, but you will need a few things, like:
- A large mixing bowl – this is my chance to rave about these stacking stainless bowls
- A small mixing bowl – if you had those stacking mixing bowls, you’d be all set
- A whisk
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- and of course, your ingredients, including a brown sugar substitute. I like So Nourished Gold brown sugar substitute.
How to Make This Flavor-Packed Coleslaw Recipe
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Fry the bacon and chop the pickle.
- Toss it all together.
- Using bagged slaw mix makes this dish super easy, but you can always shred your own cabbage.
- Add a touch of thinly sliced red onion or sprinkle in green onions to add extra flavor!
- Like celery seed in your slaw? Add a 1/4 tsp of celery seed to give it a bit of celery flavor.
- Need to make this ahead of time? Prepare the dressing and fry the bacon. Then, toss it all together at the last minute.
- This is another version of keto coleslaw that’s also terrific!
Does Pickle Slaw with Bacon Freeze?
I’m afraid not. Make and enjoy this dish fresh – you won’t regret it!
Like This? Also Try:
Pickle Slaw with Bacon
- Chop the bacon and fry it until it is crisp and lightly brown.
- To mix the dressing, combine chopped pickle, mayo, pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Combine the dressing and the bacon with the coleslaw shreds and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.