Dust off your Instant Pot and make this creamy and dreamy keto Chicken Florentine in a snap! Ready in no time, this is one dish the whole family is sure to go crazy for!
This easy peasy Instant Pot keto Chicken Florentine is a pretty simple recipe. It doesn’t have complicated ingredients, and it’s creamy, meaty, and has a sauce everyone is going to love.
What You Need To Make Keto Chicken Florentine
- Instant Pot – You need one big enough to hold about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken, 3-4 chicken breasts.
- Tongs – Invest in silicone tongs that can lock closed. They’re one of my favorite kitchen tools!
- Sharp knife – Henckels are my go-to knives. They’re a great quality for the price and always hold an edge well.
- Cutting board – Get one that’ll go in the dishwasher to properly clean it. You don’t want to mess around with raw chicken.
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Ingredients To Make Keto Chicken Florentine in the Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken – about 3-4 smallish chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh spinach (baby spinach is best)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Keto Chicken Florentine In Your Instant Pot
- Heat some oil on the sautee setting of your Instant Pot, then season and sautee the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown in places. Set aside.
- Add another tsp of oil and sautee the onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft and aromatic.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot and add the broth. Cook on the Meat setting for 10 minutes with a natural release of 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and add the cream and spinach. Put the pot back on the sautee setting and boil the mixture for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about a third.
- Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper, and serve the chicken with a generous amount of sauce.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Add mushrooms when sauteeing the onions if you want even more flavor added to this amazing dish
- Don’t boil the sauce once the cheese is in it. Cheese doesn’t like to be boiled – your sauce will go from creamy to grainy if you boil it
- Add a small pinch of red pepper flakes if you like a bit of heat
- If your chicken breasts are thick, cut them in half horizontally
- Use chicken tenders or thighs if that’s all you’ve got! For tenders, reduce the Meat setting time to 9 minutes, and for bone-in thighs, increase the cooking time to 12 minutes
What To Serve With Keto Chicken Florentine
I love serving this dish with Cauliflower Rice to soak up all the amazing sauce, or sometimes I go with pan-roasted asparagus. Whatever you do, don’t serve something with strong flavors or more sauce as that’ll compete with the keto Chicken Florentine.
Is This Dish Freezer Friendly?
Yes! Keto Chicken Florentine will freeze. Simply chill it thoroughly in the fridge, then pack it in sauce and freeze for up to three months.
To reheat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight then warm it in the microwave or in an oven-safe dish at 325 until heated through.
Made like this it sure is! With only XX net carbs per serving, it is a low-carb and keto keeper!
From start to finish, including releasing time, you can have this dish on the table in under 45 minutes.
No, this is a saucy main dish that you make in the Instant Pot, not a casserole that’s baked in the oven.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Chicken Florentine
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in your Instant Pot on the sautee setting. Season the chicken with 1/4 tsp of salt and a pinch of pepper. Sautee the chicken in the IP for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Wilt the spinach in the hot IP. This should only take a few minutes. Set it aside and when cool, squeeze to remove excess water.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the IP. Add the sliced onion and garlic and sautee for 2-3 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
- Return the chicken to the IP and add the broth. Put the lid on and set to 10 minutes on the Meat setting. Cook, then let it release naturally for five minutes before manually releasing.
- Remove the chicken from the IP and set aside. Put the IP back on sautee and simmer the cooking liquid for 3-4 minutes or until reduced by about a quarter. Add the heavy whipping cream and simmer another 3-4 minutes then turn off heat.
- Add the spinach, Parmesan and Dijon mustard to the liquid. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper if needed, and ladle generously over the chicken. Enjoy!