Loaded with flavor, moist and tender ground chicken, plenty of garlic, spinach, and most importantly Parmesan cheese, these Italian-Style Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps are easy, tasty, and different. I’ll give you all my chef tips and tricks to make these amazing chicken lettuce wraps perfect – read on to see how!
Move over Thai and Chinese chicken lettuce wraps, these flavor-packed Italian Style Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps are here to stay! Packed with flavor but still an easy enough fix for weeknights when you’re short on time, they’re a tasty meal for sure. Hungry? Let’s get started!
What You Need to Make Italian Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Large skillet – invest in one with a lid! You don’t need a lid for this recipe, but a big skillet with a lid is super helpful when cooking
- Spatula or turner – whoever had the idea to make these out of silicone is a genius! Perfect for non-stick pans, they don’t melt or warp and are dishwasher safe.
- Cutting board – use a good-quality hard plastic cutting board that can go in the dishwasher and save yourself cleanup time
- Sharp knife – Henckels are this chef’s recommendation for knives. You get GREAT quality for a reasonable price.
Ingredients to Make These TAsty Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Ground chicken
- Cauliflower (riced)
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Cooking oil
- Boston lettuce or other lettuce for wraps
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Lettuce Wraps
- Brown the ground chicken in some oil.
- Add the riced cauliflower, onion and seasoning.
- Add in the spinach, and tomato and finish with Parmesan. That’s it!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Like things a little spicy? Add a touch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes at the end of the cooking time.
- Use fresh or frozen spinach. If using frozen, thaw it and squeeze it to remove the water before using.
- Make sure there are no sugars in your Italian seasoning! You’d be surprised how many have sugar in them.
- Add salt and pepper after adding the cheese – cheese is salty and you don’t want your dish to be too salty.
What to Serve With Keto Lettuce Wraps
This dish is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. If you want to make it a part of a heartier meal, consider starting with this amazing veggie-loaded minestrone soup, or to keep with the Italian theme, these Italian Sausage Brussels Sprouts are a hearty side dish.
And, if you need something sweet after your meal, check out these keto Cinnamon Pretzels!
Are These Chicken Lettuce Wraps Freezable?
Yes! Minus the lettuce, of course. Simply cool the mixture thoroughly then freeze it in air-tight containers or bags for up to three months.
Reheat in a skillet or in the microwave, and enjoy!
Yes! With only 6 net carbs per serving, you can enjoy this on a keto or low-carb lifestyle.
Ground pork would be my next best suggestion, or go with sausage meat (out of the casing). Ground beef would also work.
Not long at all! You can be eating in under 20 minutes!
LIke This? Also Try:
Italian-Style Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Brown the meat in the olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until mostly cooked through.
- Add 2 cups riced cauliflower and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the dried onion flakes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and washed and dried spinach. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and any liquid has evaporated.
- Add the tomato and Parmesan cheese. Check to see if it needs salt. Heat through and serve in lettuce wraps if desired, garnished with basil.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.