This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Imagine this Green Goddess Stuffed Chicken Breast: Tender and moist chicken with a pocket of savory, herbaceous cheese inside. It’s oozing out every so slightly, and flavoring the chicken from top to bottom.
A hint of lemon makes it all perfect, and the buttery sauce in the bottom of the pan will have you licking your plate! Are you hungry yet?
When you’re looking for a keto stuffed chicken breast recipe, look no further than this Green Goddess Stuffed Chicken.
This is just about the easiest and tastiest keto stuffed chicken breast recipe out there.
In fact, this keto dinner dish is easy enough for weeknight dinners, but impressive enough for entertaining. Back when I was catering, I used to love it when clients ordered this dish because it is simple and fabulous.
Would you believe me if I told you there are literally just a handful of ingredients in this dish? There are! And I promise, this keto stuffed chicken recipe is going to knock your socks off.
It all starts with my famous Green Goddess recipe. This is a cream cheese and herb mixture, with a hit of garlic. If you can resist temptation long enough to make it ahead of time (without eating it!), then this dinner can be popped in the oven in under 10 minutes.
What You’ll Need to Make Keto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Start with the Green Goddess recipe. This can be made up to a week ahead of time. Then, use one chicken breast per person. Cut into each breast horizontally, creating a pocket.
Stuff about a 1/4 cup of Green Goddess into the pocket of the chicken.
Top each stuffed chicken breast with a good knob of butter, lemon slices, salt and pepper – and that’s it!
Into a 375-F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer says 165F. (Actual cooking time will depend on how cold your chicken was to start, and how big each breast is.)
Make sure you’re baking these in an oven-safe dish with sides, like one of my favorite Pyrex casserole dishes.
Drizzle some of the sauce on top when serving, then dig-in and enjoy!
Tips From the Chef
- Do not overcook the chicken. An instant-read thermometer is your best friend in the kitchen. 165-F is the safe internal temperature for chicken.
- Don’t skimp on the butter! I used at least a tbsp of butter per chicken breast. This is what will help make the sauce for this keto stuffed chicken breast recipe.
- Be careful not to cross-contaminate; don’t get chicken juice into your bowl of Green Goddess because you probably won’t use the whole batch of Green Goddess for this recipe.
- Serve this keto dinner recipe with your favorite green veggies, or try it with Skillet Cabbage with Bacon and Garlic or Skillet Braised Kale with Garlic.
Is Green Goddess Stuffed Chicken Freezable?
This dish can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to cook it. It is also freezer-friendly, though it may lose a bit of the filling during the thawing process.
To freeze, fully prepare the recipe then chill it thoroughly in the fridge. Package the chicken breast with sauce in a freezer-friendly container or zipper plastic bag.
Freeze for up to three months.
To reheat, allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge. Then warm it in a low oven (325-F) or in the microwave until heated through.
Like This? Also Try:
Moist, flavorful, and with a hint of lemon, this Green Goddess Stuffed Chicken is going to make you look like a chef!
- 4 bonless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Green Goddess
- Salt and pepper
- Slice a pocket into each chicken breast by laying it flat on a cutting board, and making a horizontal incision without going all the way through the chicken.
- Stuff each breast with about 1/2 cup of Green Goddess.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts into a baking dish with raised sides. Add salt and pepper to the top of each breast, then top with a tbsp of butter, and a slice (or two) of lemon.
- Bake at 375-F for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached 165-F.
- Serve with a green veggie and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 37g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.