Love all the flavors of cheesesteak but you don’t want the carbs? These keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are amazing! Filled with all the flavors of a cheesesteak, you can dig into this impressive but oh-so easy dish and feast on something fabulous!
Making stuffed food dishes is so much fun! From tasty appetizers to hearty meals like these keto stuffed peppers, there’s no shortage of ideas. But this dish is hearty, comforting, and full of amazing flavors. Just like a cheesesteak sandwich minus the carbs, this is one dish the whole family will love digging in to!
What You Need to Make Keto Stuffed Peppers
- A deep baking dish – like one of these Pyrex dishes
- Sharp knife – I love Henckels! They offer amazing quality for the value
- Cutting board – do yourself a favor and use a dishwasher safe cutting board. They make clean up so much easier!
- Skillet with lid
Ingredients to Make Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Thinly shaved beef – you can use Steak-Umm, deli shaved roast beef, leftover roast beef or whatever you’ve got on hand
- Cream Cheese
- Beef Broth
- Heavy whipping cream
- Garlic powder
- Cooking oil
- Bell peppers – whole
- Provolone cheese
How to Make Easy Stuffed Peppers
- Brown the beef, mushrooms and onions in cooking oil until cooked.
- Add the cream cheese and beef broth and simmer.
- Add garlic powder, season with salt, and add heavy whipping cream simmering until thickened.
- Cut and remove seeds from peppers.
- Fill with filling and top with cheese. Bake and enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Be sure to drain any liquid from the beef mixture before adding broth or you could end up with a really soupy mixture. If that happens, simmer it until the liquid thickens.
- Add a touch of red chili flakes or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy.
- Mix and match with the cheese on top. Only have mozzarella? Use that. Gouda, Monterey Jack, and pepper jack are also good choices.
- Make sure your beef is shaved thinly. It’ll make eating these easier.
- Bake these in a deep casserole dish in case the liquid tries to escape.
What to Serve With Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Are Stuffed Bell Peppers Freezer Friendly?
Yes! Absolutely. Fully cook the recipe and bake it, then chill overnight in the freezer. Put in an airtight package and freeze for up to three months.
To reheat, it’s best to thaw these first. Then, simply microwave them on half power until hot, or heat in the oven at 325-F until heated through.
Yes! With only 9 net carbs per serving, this is a fabulous keto and low-carb meal that’s also high in protein.
You can be eating in about 30 minutes!
Pair your stuffed peppers with a green salad and homemade dressing, or opt for a simple steamed veggie like broccoli or asparagus.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a large skillet in the oil until softened.
- Add the beef and cook until browned. Drain off any extra liquid.
- Add the garlic powder (or fresh garlic), cream cheese, beef broth, and heavy whipping cream.
- Simmer until thick and bubbly. Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and some fresh ground pepper.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cut bell pepper halves.
- Top with provolone cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 375-F for about 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese is browned.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more deliciousness? Check out these keto salads and pair your meal with this amazing veggie-loaded keto beef soup. There’s more to try, too, like this hearty keto sausage parmigiana or for breakfast, this keto corned beef hash.