This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Are you in love with your air fryer? I am, and when I made this Easy Keto Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan in the air fryer, my family went nuts for it.
I’m not a big broccoli fan, but let me tell you, this super easy, super quick and super delicious side dish is my NEW favorite way to make it, and I bet you’ll love it too!
What You Need to Make Keto Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan
- An air fryer – I’m in love with my Cuisinart oven-style air fryer, in fact, I use it far more often than my oven now
- Large bowl – these stainless steel stacking bowls are my top pick. Space-saving, indestructible, and commercial quality, every serious home cook should have stainless steel bowls.
- Tongs – do yourself a favor and get the tongs with the locking mechanism. They make life soooo much easier!
- Cutting board – wood is pretty but not a great choice for serious cooks as it can harbor bacteria. These heavy duty plastic cutting boards are my top choice.
- Knife – I love Henckels knives for their affordability and quality.
Ingredients to Make Keto Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan
- Broccoli – just florets or whole broccoli with stems. I’ll tell you how to use both later on.
- Olive oil – or your favorite cooking oil
- Garlic – fresh is best!
- Parmesan cheese – grating your own is best, but use whatever you’ve got on hand
- Butter – salted or unsalted is fine
A Word On Air Fryers
Not all air fryers are the same. I made this dish in a Cuisinart oven-style air fryer, but basket versions should work as well. Please follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for cooking times, and adjust the temperature if your device cooks hotter than normal.
How To Make This Keto Broccoli Recipe
- Wash the broccoli under cold running water and shake it dry.
- Cut the broccoli into chunks – not too small or it could overcook. Think 2-3 bites per piece – that size.
- Mince 3-4 big cloves of garlic. You want to end up with about 3 tbsp of chopped garlic. More isn’t a bad thing, but don’t go overboard. You can use a garlic-press to mince the garlic or chop it by hand with your chef’s knife.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the olive oil. Toss in the garlic and cook it. Alternatively, you could melt the butter in the microwave and cook the garlic in the butter for a minute in the microwave.
- Toss the broccoli with the oil/butter and garlic mixture.
- Cook in the air fryer, then toss with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Frozen broccoli won’t work well – it’s just too watery. Use fresh broccoli for this dish.
- Like it spicy? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the garlic mixture before tossing with the broccoli.
- Don’t overcook the broccoli – mushy broccoli is nasty.
- If you’re using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt when tossing the broccoli with the butter/garlic
- Use a good quality Parmesan cheese – it’ll make all the difference!
- Toss the broccoli about halfway through the cooking time. Let some of the tips get golden brown – it’s delicious!
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process Images
Quick and easy to make, this keto Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan is filled with incredible flavor, making it the ideal side dish to any meal!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Clean and prepare the broccoli by cutting it into chunks. Don't cut it too small or it'll overcook. Keep the chunks bigger, so that you'd need to cut them to eat them. If you have broccoli stem, cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the oil and the garlic. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic starts smelling GREAT.
- Toss the broccoli with the garlic, oil and butter mixture. Toss well so it's all coated.
- Add the broccoli to the air fryer and cook at 350-F for about 5-8 minutes, then toss the broccoli and cook an additional 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender crisp.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with the Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Please check the manufacturer's guidelines for your individual air fryer for cooking times and temperatures. My times and temps may need to be adjusted for your particular air fryer.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.