Ditch the high-carb hoagie and dive into a meaty, cheesy, delicious Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffle sandwich instead! It’s flavor-packed and so easy to make, and I’ll show you how! Hungry? Read on and I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips and tricks to make this delish ketoized version of the popular sandwich!
Craving all the flavors of a cheesesteak without the carbs? Ditch the bread and dig into a delicious Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffle sandwich! Thanks to the crispy chaffles, you’ll never even miss the hoagie roll.
This meaty, cheesy sandwich is packed with all the Philly cheesesteak flavors you love while the chaffles make it a delightful handheld dish. Don’t get me wrong, I love a bunless keto philly cheesesteak… but there’s just something so fun about eating this meal with your hands!
Plus, this is a very simple recipe. You can scale down if you only want one or two servings, or you can save extra filling for delicious leftovers later. Trust me, you’ll be so glad you have them!
What You Need to Make Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffle Sandwich
- Chaffles – you want 2 per serving. I recommend my sourdough or crispy chaffles.
- Thinly sliced roast beef – save $ and make your own (see below)
- Bell pepper
- Sliced onion
- Provolone cheese
- Cooking oil
What Kind of Beef SHould I use?
Sliced roast beef from the deli counter is among the more expensive option, and it’s pumped full of sodium, color, and even flavor. Sure, it’s fine in a pinch, but to really master the art of the Philly Cheesesteak, you need to make your own beef.
I’ve laid out the step-by-step process for roasting and slicing the perfect roast beef. Make it, freeze it in portions, and then you’re good to go whenever you’ve got a craving for this keto beef sandwich.
Can I make Keto Philly Cheesesteak with SteakUms?
You bet! Follow the package directions to cook the SteakUms, then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
How to Make Keto Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Make the chaffles. If they’re premade, warm them in a toaster or toaster oven or pop them back into your Dash Mini Waffle Maker to toast them back up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a bit of oil. Sauté the mushrooms and onions until nearly cooked through, then add the peppers.
- Top the warm chaffles with the roast beef, then the vegetable mixture, then the cheese.
- Pop the sandwich under the broiler for a few mins to melt the cheese, then dig in.
What to Serve With Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffles
Feeling cheesy? These Cheesy Zucchini Pizza Bites are always a crowd-pleaser, or you could whip up Keto Broccoli Casserole with Parmesan and Bacon. Can’t get enough mushrooms? These Easy Marinated Mushrooms or Green Goddess Stuffed Mushrooms make great sides. Want something fresh and crunchy? You can never go wrong with a Keto Wedge Salad!
Or go for a classic soup and sandwich combination with your favorite soup and this hearty keto sandwich.
Are Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffle sandwiches freezer friendly?
You bet! Freezing this dish is a great way to meal prep.
For the vegetable filling, store it in an airtight and freezer-safe container. To freeze the chaffles, pack them loosely into a freezer-safe zipper-top bag and then into the freezer. Both will stay fresh for up to three months.
To thaw the veggies, place them in the refrigerator overnight. For the chaffles, I recommend popping them in a toaster or toaster oven to crisp them up again, or re-toast them in your Dash Mini Waffle Maker.
After that, just assemble your sandwich and go!
Frequently Asked Questions
If we’re talking about the traditional version served on a hoagie roll or bun, then, unfortunately, I would have to say no.
However, there are plenty of ways to get all the Philly flavors you love in a keto-friendly recipe! These chaffle sandwiches, for example, are very low in carbs and perfect for keto.
Chaffles are basically a cheesy waffle that can be used as a low-carb replacement for bread. Some are made with almond flour as a binder, and they can vary from eggy and dense to light and crispy. Some versions are also gluten-free.
This dish can be ready in 15 minutes or less! As long as your chaffles are made ahead of time, all you have to do is sauté the mushrooms, onions, and peppers, then assemble your sandwich. Perfect for a quick and delicious meal.
LIke This? Also Try:
STep by step Process
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Chaffle Sandwich
- 4 each chaffles
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound roast beef thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese shredded
- Cook your chaffles according to your favorite recipe. You'll need 4 to make this recipe. 2 chaffles per serving. Set them aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the peppers and cook for an additional 2 minutes until the peppers are tender-crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the beef in half and pile it evenly on two chaffles. Top the beef with half of veggies, then half of the cheese.
- Pop the chaffles under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the cheese sis melted and bubbly. Top each sandwich withthe remaining chaffle and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want Even More Easy Keto Recipes?
I’m always messing around in the kitchen creating new recipes, but these are some of my favorite all-time picks that I make again and again: