This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Hearty, cheesy, and oh-so-delicious, this Keto Tex-Mex Beef Casserole is going to be your new favorite dinner winner.
You can’t go wrong with this beefy dish – kids love it, adults love it, and because it’s keto and low-carb, anyone following those diets is also going to love it.
This satisfying dish comes together in a snap, and it makes plenty so it’s a GREAT choice for weekly meal planning. Simply make a batch of this and enjoy the leftovers for lunch or make another meal of it with the family.
SAve Carbs With Your Own Spice Blend
The secret to this dish is the home-made low-carb and keto Taco Seasoning. Keep a jar of this tasty blend on hand and add instant flavor to any dish, including this Keto Tex-Mex Beef Casserole.
You can save yourself a handful of carbs by using the spice blend, and it’s got WAY more flavor, which this dish can handle.
You can also customize this spice blend by adding more chipotle powder, extra cumin, or whatever you like!
Keto Tex-Mex Beef Casserole – Easy AND Affordable
The ingredients are simple, easy to find, and even better, they’re affordable! I used two pounds of lean ground beef, but you could switch that up with a mix of beef, turkey, chicken, or even pork.
A can of Rotel tomatoes adds liquid and some more spice, and if you like things firey, use the hot Rotel tomatoes and chili.
How To Make This Keto Casserole REcipe
This is the PERFECT one-pot keto recipe!
Simply brown the beef then drain it of extra fat. Add your favorite keto seasoning, and let that blend by stirring well.
Add the remainder of the ingredients, then stir to combine. Check for salt and pepper, then top with cheese and that’s it!
Everything comes together in one big skillet, and after a blanket of cheese and trip through the oven, it’s done!
What To Serve with This Keto Tex-Mex Casserole REcipe
I serve this with a big green salad with avocado (of course), and I usually make some rice or put out tortillas for the rest of the family who are not following a keto diet.
It’s also great with a squeeze of lime and some extra chopped cilantro over the top. You could also serve it with a bit of pico de gallo, or even some pickled jalapenos.
Creamy, cheesy, beefy, and with a hit of spice, what’s not to love? Add this Tex-Mex Beef Casserole to your list of must-try recipes!
- Adjust the spiciness level to your liking by adding a finely chopped jalapeno or serrano pepper, or for a milder kick, a can of chilies (drained).
- The sauce will thicken up as it stands.
- Thicken the sauce with 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum if you’d like it a bit thicker.
- Swap out the cheeses for your favorite blends, or use whatever you have on hand!
- And, for extra cuteness, serve it in these individual-size cast iron pans.
Does Keto Tex-Mex Casserole Freeze?
Yes! You can freeze this dish. You have two choices:
Prepare it right up to the point where you’d pop it in the oven. Put the mixture into a freezer-friendly plastic bag with the air removed, and freeze for up to three months.
Or, bake it and freeze it. First, fully chill the keto casserole in the fridge then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then in a double layer of foil. Freeze for up to three months.
Thaw before heating in the oven at 350-F until it is hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
I often make casseroles in these handy Pyrex dishes that come with lids. That way I can just cover the top with a bit of plastic (extra protection against freezer burn) and a snug-fitting lid.
They also go from the freezer to the fridge to the oven, and stack well to save space.
Like this? Also Try:
- Mexican Turkey Soup
- Al Pastor Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Keto Taco Pie
- and be sure to check out my cookbooks page!
Tex-Mex Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 tbsp Keto Taco Seasoning
- 1 14- ounce can Rotel tomatoes with chilis
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth add more if you like it saucier
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain off fat/liquid.
- Add the Keto Taco Seasoning to the skillet and mix well over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese, beef broth, diced green bell pepper, Rotel tomatoes, and salt to the beef. Stir well over medium heat until the cream cheese has dissolved into the sauce.
- OPTIONAL – thicken the sauce with a combination of 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water. This will add about 1 carb per serving.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest. Combine and transfer into a large casserole dish. Top with two cups of shredded Monterey jack cheese and finish with the cheddar.
- Bake at 375-F for about 10-15 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly and the cheese is lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.