Who can resist crispy iceberg lettuce topped with smoky bacon, tomatoes, zippy onions, and a dressing so good, you’ll be licking your plate? This keto Wedge Salad is easy, tasty, and impressive! Hungry? Read on and I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips to make this amazing Wedge Salad perfectly every time!
Wedge salads are a restaurant classic, but this is a dish you can make easily at home. It just takes a handful of ingredients, your favorite keto Ranch Dressing or keto Blue Cheese Dressing, and a few toppings. Hearty enough to be a meal on its own, you can dress this salad up however you like!
What You Need To Make This Deeeelish Salad
- Iceberg lettuce – a whole head
- Keto Bleu Cheese or keto Ranch Dressing
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion (optional)
How To Make A Wedge Salad
For a complete list of ingredients and instructions, please scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Similar to The Outback wedge salad minus the syrupy balsamic dressing, this classic wedge salad recipe is easy to pull together, especially if you get all the bits ready ahead of time. Keto diet salads don’t have to be boring! Jazz up your salads today!
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Core the iceberg lettuce and cut it in half from the top to the core. Cut each half into as many wedges as you need. I usually go for 3-4 wedges per half.
- Thinly slice the onion, and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Place a wedge of iceberg on a pretty plate. Top it with 3-4 tablespoons of dressing, then add the blue cheese crumbles, bacon, tomato, and onion.
- Grab a knife and fork and dig in!
It doesn’t always have to be a blue cheese wedge salad. Variations on this lettuce wedge salad can include:
- Add cooked salad shrimp with your favorite wedge salad dressing
- Top with grilled chicken and this Green Goddess Dressing
- Get fancy with crab meat and a few caramelized onions
- Add some crunch with toasted almonds and your favorite salad ingredients
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- To remove the core from iceberg lettuce, hold it firmly in one hand while you insert the tip of your knife into the lettuce beside the core. Work the knife in a circle around the core, then pop it out with your hand.
- Cut the bacon before frying so that it stays in nice big pieces on your salad.
- Don’t skimp on the dressing – you’ll need more than you think you do for this iceberg wedge salad
- Make smaller wedges as a side salad or appetizer, and make a heartier salad if it’s your main dish.
- Prep the bacon, onions, and tomatoes ahead of time then the assembly is a snap!
What To Serve With This Keto Salad Recipe
This is the best keto salad and it pairs so nicely with your favorite soup. Or, you can serve it alongside a French Dip or Cubano chaffwich. I also love it with a slice (or two) of this low carb BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Really, it goes with anything, or stands on its own as a keto dinner, so get creative and get busy eating!
How To Store This Keto Wedge Salad
Iceberg lettuce doesn’t like to stick around long after it’s been cut. What I do is:
- Only cut as many wedges as you need
- Wrap up the remainder of the lettuce tightly in plastic wrap. Moisture is the enemy! Keep the remainder of the lettuce in your crisper.
- Once the dressing is on, you have to eat it right away. It won’t keep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Remove the outer few leaves from the head of lettuce and then remove the core. Once the lettuce has been cut into wedges, you can hold the wedges under running water. Shake them dry and let them drip dry before using.
Heck yes! There are just 3 net carbs in this delish keto wedge salad. Be careful, because some commercial dressings have hidden carbs and starches in them. Always make your own dressing from scratch to be sure it’s keto.
You can easily get 6-8 servings depending on the size of the iceberg lettuce and how big you cut the wedges.
You’d have to make sure you’re using a non-dairy dressing and your favorite non-dairy cheese.
Keto Wedge Salad
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cut into wedges
- 4 strips bacon chopped and cooked until crisp
- 2 tbsp red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup keto salad dressing
- Cut the iceberg salad into four wedges and arrange each wedge on a plate.
- Top each wedge with 3-4 tbsp of your favorite dressing, plus 1/4 of the bacon, 1/4 of hte blue cheese crumbles, and 1/4 of the tomatoes and onion.
- Repeat with the remaining wedges and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want Even More Keto Deliciousness?
There are oodles and oodles of tasty recipes created by yours truly on this blog, but some of my current favorites are:
- Grilled veggies – firing up the grill? Grill some tasty veg along with your meats!
- Baked Brats with Sauerkraut
- Sourdough chaffles
- and this meaty breakfast hash.
Need help counting carbs? Don’t forget about this net carb calculator.