These Keto Salmon Patties get a facelift with fresh ingredients, plenty of herbs, and succulent, flaky salmon that’s not been sitting in a can for who knows how long. Follow me, Chef Jenn, along as I show you how to make these amazing keto salmon patties!
There are as many recipes for Keto Salmon Patties as there are salmon in the sea, but these are not your typical sloppy and canned tasteless salmon cakes.
These really are THE BEST Keto Salmon Patties, and it only takes a bite to realize that they are truly tasty!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What You Need To Make The Best Keto Salmon Patties
- A good mixing bowl – these stainless bowls are my favorite. They’re indestructible and will last a lifetime.
- A sheet pan to bake the salmon
- Parchment paper for easy cleanup
- A solid skillet (I love this one with the fitting lid)
- Spatula or flipper for turning the salmon cakes
Ingredients to Make Keto Salmon Cakes
- Salmon filets
- Almond flour (fine or superfine)
- Garlic powder
- Cooking oil
How to Make Salmon Patties
The toughest part about making these tasty gems is cooking the salmon ahead of time. But here’s what I do:
I buy salmon filets when they’re on sale – the cheaper salmon is PERFECT for this dish. Then, I just bake the salmon before making this dish. Salmon just takes a few minutes in the oven until it’s done, then you’re ready to go.
And trust me, they’re SO much tastier than using canned salmon.
Then, just mix all the ingredients together, dust them with some almond flour, and pan-fry them until they’re hot through and golden brown.
- This recipe has not been tested with canned salmon; do yourself a favor and use fresh salmon. It is so much tastier.
- Try not to pulverize the salmon when mixing. The big flakes of salmon are lovely in the recipe.
- Use fresh herbs – they’re so much tastier. If you need to used dried dill and dried parsley, use 1/2 tsp of dried dill and 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- If you don’t have shallots, use green onion. A regular onion will overwhelm the delicate flavor of the salmon.
- Capers are not everyone’s favorite – skip them if you don’t like them.
- Flip them carefully in the pan – they’re delicate like a crab cake and need a gentle touch.
What to Serve With Keto Salmon Patties
I love these salmon patties served with my famous tartar sauce (recipe below) alongside a bright green veggie like Pan-Roasted Asparagus or even just Zucchini Noodles. You could also serve these with Tzatziki Sauce.
Or, tuck one of these keto salmon cakes between chaffles and make a burger out of it!
Is This Dish Freezer-Friendly?
I may be the freezer queen (I freeze meals like crazy for eating during the week), but these I prefer fresh. Mayo doesn’t play nicely in the freezer, and honestly, these keto salmon cakes are so delicate, the freezing and thawing process will probably ruin the flavor and texture.
This is a dish you should eat fresh.
How Long Can This Be Kept In The Fridge?
Fresh fish and seafood is good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Like This? Also Try:
- Sheet Pan Salmon & Asparagus
- Salmon with Shrimp & Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Salmon with Lemon-Dill Cream Sauce
- 5 Ingredient Keto Avocado Lime Salmon
- Sheet pan garlic butter shrimp
Keto Salmon Patties
- 1 cup cooked salmon
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp egg whip it with a fork first
- 5 tbsp almond flour divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- Mix the salmon (gently) with the other ingredients, including the 2 tbsp of almond flour (reserve the other 3 tbsp for dredging).
- Form the mixture into two patties and dredge it into the other 3 tbsp of almond flour. Be gentle – they’re delicate!
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties for 2-3 minutes per side and until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges or your favorite sauce and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
8 thoughts on “The BEST Keto Salmon Patties”
This looks like a very tasty recipe. I have salmon left over from last nights dinner that would be perfect for this recipe.
You know what, I have ALL the ingredients ready to go, except for the fresh dill, but I think I will cheat this time and use dried. These look too good !
My made salmon patties a lot when I was a kid so I have a fondness for them. I’ll try this recipe because it includes capers… which I also love!
I love salmon patties. These look and sound fabulous. I really like that they are keto.
I’m trying to eat for seafood lately and these salmon cakes are delicious!
This is the best way to enjoy lunch. I would eat a salmon cake daily and have plenty for the rest of the week. Love this recipe. It’s so versatile – on a salad or as a sandwich.
These would make a great lunch at my house! They sound and look so tasty!
I’ve always loved fish cakes and your salmon patties look outstanding. Perfect for Fish Fridays!