This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
There are as many recipes for Keto Salmon Patties as there are salmon in the sea, but these are not your typical sloppy and canned tasteless salmon cakes.
These Keto Salmon Patties get a facelift with fresh ingredients, plenty of herbs, and succulent, flaky salmon that’s not been sitting in a can for who knows how long.
These really are THE BEST Keto Salmon Patties, and it only takes a bite to realize that they are truly tasty!
What You Need To Make The Best Keto Salmon Patties
- A good mixing bowl – these stainless bowls are my favorite. They’re indestructible and will last a lifetime.
- A sheet pan to bake the salmon
- Parchment paper for easy cleanup
- A solid skillet (I love this one with the fitting lid)
- Spatula or flipper for turning the salmon cakes
Ingredients to Make Keto Salmon Cakes
- Salmon filets
- Almond flour (fine or superfine)
- Garlic powder
- Cooking oil
How to Make Salmon Patties
The toughest part about making these tasty gems is cooking the salmon ahead of time. But here’s what I do:
I buy salmon filets when they’re on sale – the cheaper salmon is PERFECT for this dish. Then, I just bake the salmon before making this dish. Salmon just takes a few minutes in the oven until it’s done, then you’re ready to go.
And trust me, they’re SO much tastier than using canned salmon.
Then, just mix all the ingredients together, dust them with some almond flour, and pan-fry them until they’re hot through and golden brown.
- This recipe has not been tested with canned salmon; do yourself a favor and use fresh salmon. It is so much tastier.
- Try not to pulverize the salmon when mixing. The big flakes of salmon are lovely in the recipe.
- Use fresh herbs – they’re so much tastier. If you need to used dried dill and dried parsley, use 1/2 tsp of dried dill and 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- If you don’t have shallots, use green onion. A regular onion will overwhelm the delicate flavor of the salmon.
- Capers are not everyone’s favorite – skip them if you don’t like them.
- Flip them carefully in the pan – they’re delicate like a crab cake and need a gentle touch.
What to Serve With Keto Salmon Patties
I love these salmon patties served with my famous tartar sauce (recipe below) alongside a bright green veggie like Pan-Roasted Asparagus or even just Zucchini Noodles. You could also serve these with Tzatziki Sauce.
Or, tuck one of these keto salmon cakes between chaffles and make a burger out of it!
Is This Dish Freezer-Friendly?
I may be the freezer queen (I freeze meals like crazy for eating during the week), but these I prefer fresh. Mayo doesn’t play nicely in the freezer, and honestly, these keto salmon cakes are so delicate, the freezing and thawing process will probably ruin the flavor and texture.
This is a dish you should eat fresh.
How Long Can This Be Kept In The Fridge?
Fresh fish and seafood is good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Like This? Also Try:
- Sheet Pan Salmon & Asparagus
- Salmon with Shrimp & Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Salmon with Lemon-Dill Cream Sauce
Flaky, moist, and full of flavor, these salmon patties are made with fresh salmon which make them way tastier than canned salmon versions.
- 1 cup cooked salmon
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp egg (whip it with a fork first)
- 5 tbsp almond flour, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- Mix the salmon (gently) with the other ingredients, including the 2 tbsp of almond flour (reserve the other 3 tbsp for dredging).
- Form the mixture into two patties and dredge it into the other 3 tbsp of almond flour. Be gentle - they're delicate!
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties for 2-3 minutes per side and until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges or your favorite sauce and enjoy!
The oil used for frying is not included in the nutritional values.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g