This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Easy keto recipes can also be tasty keto recipes, like with this keto Salmon with Lemon Dill Cream Sauce.
This sauce is SOOO good, you’ll be licking your plate – I promise!
And, it’s also versatile. Here, I’ve served the sauce over salmon, but it could go on chicken, your favorite veggies, or just off the end of a spoon. Seriously. It’s that good!
I used to make a lot (A LOT) of cream sauces when working as a chef, and when I retired from that life, I stopped making them so much.
I’m happy to be making them again on keto, because keto cream sauces are so versatile and really aren’t that hard to make.
This particular keto seafood recipe also happens to have the benefit of being a one-skillet meal. Who doesn’t love that?
How to Cook Keto Salmon with Lemon Dill Cream Sauce
This keto seafood recipe couldn’t be easier.
Season the salmon and cook it in some butter or oil, just a few minutes per side.
Then, remove the salmon, sautee the shallots, add a touch of chicken stock and let that reduce, and add the remainder of the cream sauce ingredients.
- Use a good quality salmon for this dish, you want it to shine!
- Make sure you have your fishmonger remove the pin bones, or take them out yourself with tweezers
- The fish can be skinless or skin-on, just make sure it is scaled!
- This keto salmon recipe makes lots of sauce but it can easily be doubled if you want more sauce.
What To SErve with This Dish
Does This Keto Recipe Freeze?
No, not really.
Cream sauces are notoriously hard to freeze as they will often separate without cheese or something in there to help bind them.
Also, you probably don’t want to freeze the salmon, especially if it was frozen to start with! It’s better to eat this dish fresh.
More Tasty Recipes to Try:
- Cajun Salmon with Shrimp
- Shrimp Chowder with Chipotle
- Shrimp Scampi
- and be sure to check out my cookbook page!
Decadent enough for keto entertaining but easy enough for a weeknight dinner, this keto salmon recipe has a sauce that's going to make you want to lick your plate!
- 1 pound salmon filet, cut into four filets
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Melt some butter or add half the oil to the pan. Sautee the salmon for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it reaches 145-F. Set the salmon to the side.
- Add the remaining butter or oil to the pan. Sautee the chopped shallots over medium-high heat for a few minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer, reducing the chicken broth by about half.
- Add the cream, Dijon mustard, capers, and dill to the skillet. Simmer gently for a few minutes, letting it thicken (by evaporation) a bit. Add the lemon juice and zest at the last minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over the salmon. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g