Tzatziki is a Greek dip and condiment that has become mainstream in North America, and there are as many
In this keto-ized version of this famous sauce, I’ve cut the carbs AND the fat, making it a high-protein snack that can be used as a dip, condiment, salad dressing, and more. You’re only limited by your creativity, and with this versatile Tzatziki recipe, you can make a big batch and dole it out as you need it.
Tzatziki is Versatile
You can buy Tzatziki in some grocery stores, but trust me, making it is SO easy and so much less expensive. Start with a good quality Greek yogurt – plain. Not vanilla flavored, you want PLAIN. Zip, nada – no flavor. Full-fat or low-fat, it’s up to you.
Next, you need a fresh cucumber. English cucumbers have edible skins and put pretty green flecks into the sauce, or you can go with a standard cucumber but peel it first. Grate that cucumber, and salt it so that the excess water comes out. This is REALLY important so you don’t end up with watery Tzatziki sauce. Let the salted cucumber sit for about 45 minutes in a sieve, then squeeze it and you’re ready to mix!
For step-by-step pictures, click the gallery below, or just jump down to the recipe, and happy eating! Tell me, in the comments below, your favorite way to enjoy this classic dip/sauce/condiment!
Cool, creamy, savory and ketoized, this Tzatziki sauce goes great on grilled meats, veggies, fish and more!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cucumber, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp dill, fresh or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Shred enough cucumber with a cheese grater, to make 2 cups. Set into a strainer, and mix with 1 tsp of salt. Set aside to drain for about 45 minutes. Squeeze most of the water out before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the cucumber, and mix it with the yogurt, garlic, dill, and lemon juice. Season with a touch of salt and pepper, and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g