This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Guys, let me tell you, this amazing and
I literally smother this stuff on everything. Jazz up boring chicken, load it into the groove in celery, smother it on hot veggies, and my all-time favorite, pile it into hot, cooked mushrooms like in this Green Goddess Stuffed Mushrooms recipe.
There’s something about the combination of fresh parsley, shallots, garlic, and cream cheese that tastes like a dream! I almost always have a bowl of this addictive stuff in my fridge, and it is literally a meal saver.
This Keto Dip is Great With…
When I can’t stand the thought of boring veggies, I whip out the Green Goddess Dip. Add a spoonful to jazz up scrambled eggs, put a scoop onto a hot steak to add herby goodness, or just eat it by the spoonful.
When I’m hungry for a snack, there’s nothing more satisfying than a carrot stick dunked into this creamy concoction. My kids, who aren’t doing a Keto diet, even spread it on crackers or toast for a quick snack or breakfast.
Keto Green Goddess Dip is Easy Peasy!
And, it couldn’t be easier to make. Just a handful of ingredients, a food processor, and voila, you’re done! It’ll keep in your fridge for a week or so, but don’t let it sit too much longer than that or the parsley starts to go funky.
Here’s a tip: put a bit of tape on the top of the storage container and jot the date onto it. Now you’ll have no trouble remembering how long that keto dip has been in the fridge.
How to Use Green Goddess Dip
You can use it cold, right from the fridge, or let it sit out for a bit to soften up. Then, it’ll spread like a dream!
I was also wandering around Tammy’s site and saw a recipe for Avocado Taco Boats and thought that a dollop of this herby goodness on top of one of those avocado boats would make a DELISH lunch!
Alright Keto-crew, get busy whipping up batches of Green Goddess Dip and see how much flavor just a spoonful of this will add to just about anything!
- Start with softened cream cheese. It’ll combine much better with your herbs.
- Don’t have fresh herbs? Use dry! Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. It won’t taste quite the same, but it’ll still be great!
- Go easy on the garlic! It doesn’t take much fresh garlic to overpower this recipe. Start with one medium size clove of fresh garlic, and see how you like it before adding more!
- Like things spicy? Add a tsp or two of chopped jalapeno, or even a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You can use store brand cream cheese to save a few coins.
- Cream cheese usually keeps in the fridge for a few weeks, so if you see it on sale, buy in bulk and save!
How Many Carbs are in Green Goddess Dip?
With 4 grams of carbs per quarter cup, and no real fiber, this keto dip recipe comes out to 4 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving. 1/4 cup is a lot! A spoonful or two is hardly any carbs, so get munching!
Turn This Dip Into a SAuce
It doesn’t take much to turn this recipe into an AMAZING sauce that’s tasty on top of Zucchini Noodles, grilled meats, fish or seafood, and more.
Get out your trusty skillet, and some heavy whipping cream. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the skillet, then add 1 tbsp of this keto dip.
Mix well, heating gently to dissolve the cream cheese and herb mixture. Add a bit more if you like the flavor a bit stronger.
Now, just season with a touch of salt and pepper, and serve over your favorite ingredients! Yum!
Love This? Try…
Cool, creamy, and full of herby goodness, this dip goes great on just about everything!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, one package
- 1/3 cup parsley, stemmed and washed, pull the leaves off and push them into a measuring cup to measure, remove extra moisture
- 1 each shallot
- 1 each clove of garlic
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- There's one step to this recipe: stuff everything into the bowl of a food processor with a blade, then pulse it until it is all combined! Check for salt and pepper, and add a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten it up!
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g