This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Keto can be a challenge – I get it. Reading all those labels, trying to figure out what’s a sugar, whats a carb. What if I told you that you could have MASSIVE flavor from just a few all-natural ingredients? What if I told you that this magical recipe went perfectly with chicken wings, veggie sticks, on grilled meats, and more?
I’m telling you that such a recipe exists, and it’s called Creamy Jalapeno Dip.
This recipe is inspired by a dip that they serve at a Tex-Mex restaurant chain in the South, called Chuy’s. In fact, this recipe is soo good and soo similar to what they serve, I’m hereby dubbing it: Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeno Copycat Recipe.
And, it’s crazy simple and crazy good.
How to Make Creamy Jalapeno Dip
Did I say this keto creamy dip recipe was easy to make? I sure did. Get a load of these ingredients-they’re all you need!
Sour cream – Use the good, thick stuff. Full fat.
Cilantro – Love it or hate it, it’s necessary in this dish. Use fresh cilantro and pull off the big stems.
Jalapeno – Use a whole fresh jalapeno. Take the seeds out, they don’t puree nicely.
Lime – You’ll need about two tablespoons of fresh lime juice. Don’t use the bottled stuff.
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder – One tablespoon.
OK, now that you’ve got the list of ingredients, get ready for the colossal list of instructions on how to make it.
- Put everything in the food processor or blender and pulse it until it’s pureed and smooth.
- Pour it into a cute serving dish for dips.
- To punch up the spice level, use a fresh serrano chili pepper instead of a jalapeno.
- Add a touch of fresh garlic to add even more oomph to this fabulous dip.
- Don’t have ranch dressing powder? Add two tbsp of ranch dressing (keto friendly of course) instead.
- This dip gets stronger in flavor as it sits. For maximum flavor, refrigerate it overnight before serving.
What to Serve with Keto Creamy Jalapeno Dip
In the restaurant, they serve this dip with tortilla chips, which of course aren’t a part of a keto diet.
Instead, make your own tortilla chips from low-carb tortillas (toast them in a 350-F oven until crispy), or serve this dip with your favorite keto crackers, celery or other veggie sticks.
It also goes FABULOUSLY on just about every kind of Tex-Mex dish, or serve it with grilled chicken or fish.
Really want to amp-up the flavor? Serve this Creamy Jalapeno Dip with Tayo’s famous Keto Hot Wings.
Does This Keto Jalapeno Dip Freeze?
Sadly, no. Sour cream, the base of this recipe, just doesn’t do well in the freezer.
Like This? Also Try:
Creamy, full of flavor and with a spicy kick, this is the dip to end all dips. Perfect with your favorite dippers, get dipping today with this Creamy Jalapeno DIp!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash the cilantro and remove the thick stems.
- Trim the jalapeno and remove the seeds.
- Pulse all ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Chill and enjoy!
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g