This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
On the table in under 30 minutes, these amazingly flavorful Air Fryer Fajitas just don’t get any easier! Loaded with flavor and with plenty of veggies to go with the tender chicken, you can make the whole family happy with this easy peasy weeknight-worthy dinner.
A Word On Air Fryers
I held out a LONG time before getting an air fryer. As a chef, I just couldn’t see the use of a one-trick appliance like an air fryer. Then, multi-use devices started to come out on the market but I still resisted because my kitchen is small and I don’t have room for counter-top appliances.
Then, my oven went on the fritz. Until I could get it serviced, I bought this Cuisinart multi-use unit with a toaster, oven, broiler, AND air fryer.
I got my oven fixed, but, I’ve hardly used it since getting this neat oven and air fryer combo appliance.
I’m a convert! I love it! I love how quick and versatile it is, and I love that I can make so many things in it without firing up the BBQ or heating up the house with the oven.
BUT not all air fryers are equal. Always consult the manufacturer’s guide for cooking times and temperatures.
My Cuisinart model cooks HOT and 350-F was plenty hot to cook the chicken without drying it out. Adjust your cooking temperatures and times to suit your own air fryer model.
The instructions in this recipe are for a basket-type air fryer. I’m not sure how this would work out in other styles.
How To Make Air Fryer Fajitas
Start by mixing up a batch of this Fiesta Taco Seasoning. This is the seasoning you’ll use to make your fajitas.
Slice two boneless, skinless chicken breasts into fajita-size slices. Toss with a bit of your favorite cooking oil and the Fiesta Taco Seasoning (exact measurements are below in the recipe).
For extra flavor, let the chicken, oil, and spices marinade in the fridge for a few hours ahead of time. But if you’re pressed for time, just move on ahead.
Clean and cut up some veggies. I used two medium-size bell peppers plus 1/2 a red onion.
Cook the chicken first by placing it in a single layer in your air fryer basket. I cooked it on 350-F for about 10 minutes, then flipped it over and added the veggies, and cooked for another 5-8 minutes until the chicken was cooked to 165-F.
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Fajitas
- An air fryer
- Cutting board – if you’re not using heavy-duty plastic cutting boards yet, you should be!
- Sharp knife – love love love my Henckels – they’re affordable, durable, hold an edge, and are professional quality
- Mixing bowl – these stackable stainless bowls are genius and make cleanup a breeze!
- Fiesta Taco Seasoning – use this scratch recipe and save a few carbs!
- Tongs – get the silicone tip tongs and you can use them in ALL your pans!
- You can swap out sliced boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts.
- Stretch the chicken even further by adding more veggies. Zucchini, asparagus, green beans, or your favorite keto/low-carb veggies can all be added.
- Serve the fajitas in lettuce wraps to keep it super low-carb, or use your favorite low-carb tortillas.
- The Fiesta Taco Seasoning is probably medium spicy. Add more heat with a pinch more chipotle powder or cayenne.
What To Serve with Air Fryer Fajitas
Strict Keto – enjoy these air fryer fajitas in a lettuce cup, or just gobble them up with your favorite toppings.
Low-Carb – nosh on these keto chicken fatjias tucked into your favorite low-carb tortillas.
Condiments – salsa (watch the carbs), pico de gallo, sour cream, shredded cheese, and all your favorite taco and fajita toppings. Don’t forget this Creamy Jalapeno Dip!
Mexican night – make a buffet of it with these easy Al Pastor Pork Carnitas which are easily made ahead of time!
And if you need something sweet for dessert, check out this chocolate chia pudding!
Are Air Fryer Fajitas Freezer Friendly?
To freeze, chill them completely in the freezer. Then, package them in an air-tight container, or better yet, use my best friend, a vacuum sealer to get all the air out and really protect your fajitas.
To reheat, thaw thoroughly then heat slowly on a very low heat in your air fryer, or pop them in the microwave.
Peppers will loose some of their texture and become limp when freezing/thawing, but they’ll be just as tasty.
Like This? Also Try:
Step by Step Pictures
Air Fryer Fajitas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Fiesta Seasoning
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch wide strips and toss with 2 tbsp of Fiesta Seasoning, and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Clean the peppers and remove the stems. Slice the peppers into 1/4-inch wide long strips.
- Peel and slice the onion into thin strips.
- Air fry the chicken at 350-F for about 10 minutes, then toss.
- Add the peppers and onions to the chicken and cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165-F degrees.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.