Who doesn’t love keto jalapeno poppers? I’ve taken this long-time favorite and jazzed it up a bunch, making them ranch-style with even MORE flavor!! Get all my tried-and true chef tips and make your own batch of yumminess today!
Finding fun keto appetizers or game day snacks can be a challenge. You need something so delicious and loaded with flavor that you won’t be tempted by all the chips, dips, and other high-carb snacks. That’s the perfect time to make a batch of these Keto Jalapeno Poppers!
These tasty bites get a spicy kick from the jalapenos that goes so well with the cooling flavor of the ranch cream cheese filling. Combined with the salty-smokiness of the crispy bacon, they’re the kind of snack your friends will ask you to make again and again.
When I lived in Texas, jalapeno poppers were on the menu at almost every bar. After I moved away and couldn’t find them as easily, I knew I had to start making my own. Now, you can make keto jalapeno poppers in the air fryer any time you need a snack or appetizer that’s totally tasty and totally keto!
What You Need to Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer – I use an oven-style air-fryer. This recipe wouldn’t be great in a basket style that moves the food around.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls – these stackable stainless bowls are GENIUS!
Ingredients to Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapenos – look for ones that are dark green, unblemished, and not too big
- Ranch seasoning and dressing powder – you can also substitute 2 tablespoons of my Keto Ranch Dressing
- Green onion
- Cream cheese – softened. Either set it at room temperature for 30 minutes or remove foil wrapping and pop in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Cheddar cheese – shredded
- Bacon slices
How to Shop for Jalapenos
The perfect jalapenos should be dark green and unblemished. More striations, or thin white stress lines, mean the pepper will be hotter.
I recommend choosing jalapenos that are uniform in size for easy cooking, but not too large. You also want to make sure you don’t buy poblano peppers by accident, which look like giant jalapenos. Straight peppers will be the easiest to work with compared to the ones that have bends in them. And definitely avoid frozen jalapenos.
Jalapenos can vary in spice level. To control the heat, remove the membrane and seeds, and definitely wear gloves while you do it! Whatever you do, don’t touch your face or your eyes.
When I was working as a chef, I once had to prep dozens of jalapenos. No gloves. My hands were on FIRE for hours afterwards! Use gloves if you have them. If not, wash your hands immediately after deseeding jalapenos.
How to Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Start by cutting the jalapenos in half, deseeding them, and removing the membrane.
- In a bowl, mix together the ranch powder, green onion, cream cheese and cheddar.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno half in a piece of bacon.
- Pop the jalapenos in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 400F.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Want your keto jalapeno poppers extra spicy? Leave the seeds and membrane in.
- Give your ranch poppers a bit of a smoky kick by adding 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder to the cream cheese filling.
- Make sure you use a WHOLE slice of bacon to wrap each jalapeno half or the bacon can fall off.
- Use thick-cut bacon if you want them extra meaty.
- Need more jalapeno flavor? Dunk your Ranch Keto Jalapeno Poppers into Horsey Sauce or this amazing Ranch Dressing!
What to Serve With Keto Jalapeno Poppers
These creamy, smoky, crispy, spicy poppers are perfect on their own as a snack or an appetizer. They’re sure to be the star of any game day or party! But if you want a full keto-friendly spread, serve them alongside keto Crab Rangoon Dip and keto crackers.
Are Keto Jalapeno Poppers Freezer Friendly?
Yes! You can whip up a big batch of these air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and have them ready to enjoy any time you need a tasty snack.
You can freeze the poppers after they have been filled and baked. Package them in an airtight freezer-safe container. They will stay fresh for up to three months if stored properly.
To reheat, first let them thaw in the fridge overnight, then just pop them back in the air fryer or oven until they are warm and crispy.
Yes! Jalapenos only have about 1 carb per pepper depending on the size, which makes them great for a low carb or keto diet.
Yes and yes! Just be sure the bacon is cooked all the way through before serving.
Sure. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge, then just pop them back in the air fryer or the oven when you’re ready to eat. Try to eat them within 2-3 days of cooking.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Ranch Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 jalapenos halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced finely
- 1 pound bacon
- 1. Wash the jalapenos and cut them lengthwise, removing the seeds and membrane. Wear gloves if you have them
- 2. Combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch powder, and green onions in a bowl, until well mixed.
- 3. Place 1-2 tbsp of filling in each jalapeno half, then wrap it in a slice of bacon.
- 4. Cook them in your air fryer at 400F for about 10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and starting to crisp. Let cool and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
EveN more Keto Goodness!
Love these air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and want even more keto recipes? Check out these gems: