Keto Horsey Sauce, a copycat version of the famous Arby’s Horsey Sauce, is the perfect sauce, condiment and even dip to use whenever there’s meat involved. If you’re a meat lover, and who isn’t who is doing keto, then you NEED this keto Horsey Sauce in your life and in your fridge, and I’ll show you just how to make it!
Made with just a few ingredients, this keto horseradish sauce recipe is so super easy and keeps a good while in the fridge, so you can always have some on hand for roast beef, which is my favorite meat to pair it with.
What You Need to Make Keto HOrsey Sauce
- Mixing Bowl – I love love these stackable stainless steel mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon or spatula – I love these silicone spatulas and mixing spoons because they’re indestructible!
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cups
Ingredients to Make Keto Horseradish Sauce
Outside of salt and pepper, this easy peasy recipe has three ingredients. Are you ready for this?
- Creamy horseradish – make sure you use the creamy kind, not the grainy grated pure horseradish
- Sour cream
Yup, that’s it! It’s all about the balance of these ingredients, and of course, a touch of salt and pepper and even a squeeze of lemon.
What Is Creamed Horseradish?
Horseradish is a root vegetable that has a sharp, almost spicy flavor. It is simply peeled and grated finely and with a touch of added vinegar, it’s a tangy condiment for meats and other eats.
Creamed horseradish is slightly different. There are a few other ingredients in creamed horseradish that both temper the flavor (it’s not so spicy) and make the consistency a little smoother.
Some of the added ingredients can contain marginal amounts of cornstarch or other thickeners, but the carb count is still really very low, making this a keto-friendly recipe. Strict ketoers should look for a creamed horseradish with no cornstarch.
HOw to Make This Easy Horsey Sauce
- Measure the horseradish, mayonnaise, and sour cream and blend well in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- That’s it!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Use creamed horseradish. There are a few more ingredients in this, so look for one with the lowest possible carbs per serving
- If you like your keto Horsey Sauce a bit tangier, add a tablespoon of cider vinegar
- If you like it extra spicy, add an extra teaspoon or two of creamed horseradish to get it where you want it flavor-wise
- Add some chopped parsley or chives to give this an herbal kick!
What To Serve With Keto Horsey Sauce
Roast beef is a natural pairing with this sauce, which is how Arby’s Horsey Sauce got famous in the first place! Slather it on a roast beef sandwich, or serve it on the side next to a roast beef dinner. Try it with this French Dip Chaffwich!
I like this horseradish sauce with other meats, too, like grilled pork or chicken, and even grilled shrimp. Go gourmet and try it with this keto Sous Vide Pork Loin recipe, or this crazy good smoked bacon-wrapped pork recipe.
Or, just dunk some veggies into it!
Is Keto Horsey Sauce Freezable?
Sadly, no. Sour cream doesn’t play nice in the freezer. But the good news is this sauce will keep a week or more in the fridge!
Yes! With just about 1 net carb per hefty two tablespoon serving, this sauce, dip and condiment is totally keto!
It only takes about five minutes to make this simple sauce.
If your sour cream is fresh, this sauce will keep a week to 10 days in the fridge.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By STep Process
Keto Horsey Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- tiny pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients together and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.