Who doesn’t love pulled pork? But I bet you don’t love the hours on a smoker or in the oven. Whip out your instant pot and make this keto Pulled Pork with pork loin easy, quickly, and effortlessly. Hungry? Read on and I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips to making this amazing keto pork loin pulled pork!
Pork loin is a versatile protein that can adapt to many flavors, and the meat turns out so tender when it’s cooked properly. Thanks to the Instant Pot, this Keto Pulled Pork turns out perfectly every time!
The secret behind this straightforward keto pork loin recipe is my amazing Texas-inspired chili powder. It’s loaded with a variety of dried chilis and a big ol Texas-sized kick that’s sure to keep you coming back for more!
I also love that this recipe couldn’t be any easier. Everything comes together right in the Instant Pot, and the hands-on prep time is less than 10 minutes. If you’re hungry for something delicious that can be ready fast, read on to learn how to make pulled pork loin in the Instant Pot.
What You Need to Make Keto Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients to Make Keto Pulled Pork
- Pork loin – you want about 2.5 pounds
- So Nourished brown sugar substitute
- Mustard powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chipotle powder
- Low sodium Chicken broth (or use this chicken bone broth recipe)
- Worchestershire sauce
- Keto BBQ Sauce
How to Make Keto Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
- Start by cutting the pork into chunks. Combine all the dry ingredients to make the dry rub, then toss the pork in the dry rub.
- Add the avocado oil to the Instant Pot on the sautee setting and sear the pork.
- Deglaze with chicken broth, then add the remaining broth to Instant Pot along with Worcestershire sauce and pork chunks. Cook on the meat setting for 40 minutes with a natural release of 10 minutes.
- Shred the pork and mix with your favorite keto BBQ Sauce.
What Cut of Pork for PUlled Pork?
In this recipe, I like using pork loin. It cooks quickly and stays nice and tender in the Instant Pot. Plus, shredding it is much easier when you don’t have oodles and oodles of fat to work around.
You can also use pork shoulder or pork butt, but you’ll need to extend the cooking time by a fair bit as these are much tougher cuts of meat.
Alternatively, I’ve seen “carnitas” cuts of pork – cut-up pork shoulder that should cook fairly quickly. This would be my second choice after pork loin.
What to Serve With Keto Pulled Pork
I love serving this recipe with keto-friendly versions of all the traditional BBQ sides. Ranch Keto Jalapeño Poppers, Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower, and Brussels Sprouts with Almonds & Brown Butter will make an amazing spread.
Is Keto Pulled Pork Freezer Friendly?
Yes! It’s great to have on-hand when you need a quick and delicious meal. Simply chill the pork, then store in a freezer-friendly zipper-top bag.
You can store the pork for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then warm in the microwave or on the stove to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Pork loin has ZERO carbs, and each of the seasonings used in the dry rub are very low in carbs. Just make sure to use a low-carb and keto-friendly BBQ sauce in any keto pulled pork recipes.
This all depends on the recipe or the brand. Look for a store-bought version that is low in carbs and has no added sugar, or you can find a recipe online to make your own.
Absolutely! It will just take longer than the Instant Pot. I recommend searing the pork chunks in a pan on the stove, then transferring to your slow cooker. Cook until the meat shreds easily with two forks, then add the BBQ sauce.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Pulled Pork – Instant Pot
- Make the rub by mixing the chili powder, brown sugar substitute, salt, mustard powder, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and chili powder together.
- Cut the meat into chunks. Leave the fat – it adds flavor!
- Toss the pork chunks with the spice rub and then set the Instant Pot to saute. Heat the oil and saute the pork chunks, working in batches, until they are browned. Watch the heat so they don't burn.
- Deglaze the IP with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the remaining broth along with the pork and Worchestershire sauce to the Ip.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it to Meat setting for 40 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes, then manual release the rest of the way.
- Remove the pork chunks and let cool slightly, then use forks to shred the meat. Pour a bit of the cooking liquid over the top of the meat, and mix it with your favorite keto BBQ sauce.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want Even More Easy Keto Recipes?
I’m always in the kitchen creating new recipes, and while some of them are big hits, I get some misses, too. But these are some of my favorite all-time recipes:
- Thick and luscious Salmon Chowder
- Grilled veggies – I love how versatile this recipe is!
- This amazing cauliflower dish
- Meaty sausage Parmigiana