If you love chili as much as I do, then you know a great Chili Spice Mix can make ALL the difference! And, with my personal blend of Texas-inspired flavors, every pot of chili you make will be off-the-hook delicious!
Say hello to flavor! Jazz up your favorite chili recipe with this amazing blend of spices. It’s not hard to do, and you can keep it on hand for sauces, stews, soups, and more. Are you ready for flavor? Let’s get started!
Ingredients to Make This Keto Chili Spice Mix
Don’t let the number of spices in this spice mix scare you! It’s really quite simple to put together, and many of the spices can be found in your supermarket or online.
- Ancho chili powder
- Guajillo chili powder
- Anchiote chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Mexican oregano
- Garlic powder
Salt-Free Chili Spice Mix
This is also a salt-free chili spice mix, but don’t worry, the spices really come alive in the pot!
How To Make homemade chili powder
Are you ready for this?
- Measure out all the spices and mix them together. That’s it!
How To Store This Spicy Spice Mix
I keep this spice blend in a jar in with my other spices. It’ll stay fresh that way for quite a few months.
Keep it in a dry, dark place for the best quality.
How to Use Keto Chili Spice Blend
Of course it is perfect in chili, but you can also add it to:
- sour cream thinned with a bit of water to make a flavorful dressing or dip
- your favorite Tex-Mex dishes whenever they call for chili powder
- soups and stews
- sprinkle some on top of guacamole
- dried chili peppers are quite nutritious, so go ahead and experiment with this recipe for chili powder
- and so much more.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- This spice blend has a bit of heat but not a lot. Swap out HOT smoked paprika for regular smoked paprika, or add a 1/2 tsp of cayenne or chipotle powder to the mix to add a bit more heat.
- Adjust the final heat in whatever you’re making – it’s easier to add a pinch of cayenne or chipotle powder to your chili than it is to make the whole spice blend spicy.
- Use good quality and fresh spices for the very best flavor.
- Mexican oregano is a bit different from regular oregano, but they can be swapped if all you have is the regular oregano.
I make my own homemade chili powder with a variety of dried chilis, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and paprika.
You can dust chili powder top of nachos, put it in soups, sprinkle it on top of guacamole, or toss it with meat or veg before going on the grill.
Yes. In my recipe there is.
Like This? Also Try:
You might also love this recipe for Paneer Snacks – it’s also loaded with flavor!
Keto Chili Spice Mix
- Mix everything together and use whenever chili powder is called for!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more flavor? This hearty soup is always a tasty pick, and for breakfast, nothing is easier than tasty egg bites. This cauliflower dish is a tasty pick for any meal, and this morning classic is meaty and delish.