Perfect as a side dish or whenever you’re in the mood for something cheesy and creamy, this fail-proof Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower is tasty and fabulous!
If you love cheese, then you’re REALLY going to love this keto mashed cauliflower recipe. It’s loaded with two kinds of cheese and is so buttery and creamy and delicious, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Hungry? Let’s get cooking!
What You Need To Make Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Food processor or blender
- Cauliflower – fresh is best!
- Heavy whipping cream
- White cheddar
- Salt and pepper
How To Make the Best Cauliflower Mash
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until it is really soft. Drain it very well.
- Pop the hot cauliflower into the food processor with the butter, heavy whipping cream, cheeses, and salt. Pulse until silky smooth.
- That’s it!
Chef Jenn’s Tips to Make Easy Mashed Cauliflower
- Use fresh cauliflower not frozen. Frozen cauliflower gives off way too much liquid when you thaw it and you’ll end up with soup instead of mash.
- Sharp cheddar is the way to go here! You want big and bold cheesy flavor.
- The mozzarella gives this keto cauliflower mash creaminess and extra cheesiness.
- If your mash is too runny, pop it into a non-stick skillet or saucepan and stir it over medium heat for a few minutes to evaporate some of the liquid.
What To Serve With Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
Or, serve it as a side on your holiday table and have plenty of turkey gravy on hand to ladle on top! I also like this keto mashed cauliflower with easy dishes like this keto air fryer sausage recipe.
Is This Easy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe Freezer Friendly?
People do freeze this easy mashed cauliflower recipe, and you can buy keto mashed cauliflower frozen, but you’re going to have a liquid issue.
When cauliflower is frozen and then thawed, it gives off a lot of liquid.
Be prepared to cook the liquid out by evaporating it. Put the mash into a pot or saucepan over medium heat and stir it – without boiling it – until it thickens up.
Because this is such a pain, I recommend eating this simple mashed cauliflower recipe fresh.
Absolutely! Cauliflower is the keto wonder vegetable. It is a good source of fiber and is pretty low in carbs making it a great veggie for keto dieters.
It’s got too much liquid in it! Always start with fresh, not frozen cauliflower, and drain it really well after cooking it. If your mashed cauliflower recipe is too runny, you can evaporate some of the liquid out of it by heating it in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
That depends on how big you’ve cut it. If you cut it into bite-size florets, it can take 4-5 minutes at a boil to get nice and soft. Bigger pieces will take longer.
LIke This Keto Cauliflower Mash Recipe? Also Try:
Step By Step Process to Make The Best Cauliflower Mash
Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower cut into chunks
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is very soft. Drain it very well.
- Put the hot cauliflower, heavy whipping cream, butter, and cheeses into a food processor and pulse a few times until it is silky smooth.
- Season with salt if needed and serve with a dollop of butter on top!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Chef Jenn’s Current Favorite Keto Picks
There are so many more delicious keto recipes to try, and these are my current favorites:
- Sub in the Tub – perfect for meal prepping
- This meaty sausage dish with oodles of sauce
- Chinese take-out classic wonton soup
- This hearty and meaty chicken casserole.
- 3 ingredient keto peanut butter cookies
and if you’re having trouble, check out this handy calculator to help you figure out net carbs.