This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
You’ve probably heard of Egg Roll in a Bowl, but have you ever tried Cabbage Roll in a Bowl?
With all the flavors of cabbage rolls but with NONE of the work and NONE of the carbs, this is an easy weeknight dinner fix.
This isn’t the prettiest recipe I’ve ever created, but it sure makes up for it in the flavor department!
This is an easy one-pot keto recipe that can be on the table in a jiffy. And, it makes plenty, so it’s a natural choice for keto meal prepping or family meals.
All your favorite cabbage roll flavors are in this dish, minus the rice! It’s hearty, affordable, and easy to make, making it the perfect keto budget recipe or keto family meal recipe.
How to Make Cabbage Roll in a Bowl
This dish couldn’t be any easier.
Start with the biggest skillet you’ve got. It’s all going into one skillet, so you need to start with a big pan.
Then, brown a pound of ground beef.
Add a bag of coleslaw shreds and chopped (or riced) cauliflower and let that cook down a bit.
What to Serve with This One-Pot Keto Meal?
I serve this with regular rice for the rest of the family, then I just get a big bowlful for myself and dig in!
- Start with lean(ish) ground beef, like 80/20. It’ll have plenty of flavor and you won’t have a lot to drain from the skillet.
- Use a good quality tomato sauce, like this keto Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Don’t overcook the cabbage! These shreds have a tendency to cook into nothingness – just cook until the cabbage is tender-crisp
- Switch things up! Try this dish with ground pork, ground chicken, or a combination.
- This keto recipe is freezer friendly! Freeze it in single portions for quick lunches, or freeze a whole batch for a weeknight dinner.
Freezing Cabbage Roll in a Bowl
Cabbage has a fairly high water content, so you’re going to lose some of the texture if you freeze and thaw this keto Cabbage Roll in a Bowl recipe, and it might be a bit more watery when you thaw it.
To freeze it, seal it in ziplock freezer bags in single or family-size portions, and press out all the air.
Freeze for up to three months.
To thaw, allow to thaw overnight in the fridge, or remove it from the bag and place it in a bowl and thaw it on defrost in the microwave.
Heat, covered, in the microwave, stirring every few minutes, until heated through.
LIke this? Also Try:
This is a one-pot dish of hearty goodness! Keto and low-carb, Cabbage Roll in a Bowl is a comfort food classic!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces cabbage
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the beef.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper, and dehydrated onion flakes. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook another few minutes until the cabbage is soft but not translucent.
- Add the cream and tomato sauce, mix well and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use your favorite keto tomato sauce, or try this Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce for an affordable home-made alternative.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.