When it comes to getting a meal on the table in a jiffy, nothing is better than this quick, easy, and omigosh so tasty keto Shrimp Scampi. Loaded with flavor, this keto Shrimp Scampi recipe is a real keeper! Follow me, Chef Jenn, as I show you all my chef tips and tricks to make this amazing keto shrimp recipe perfectly every time!
You just need a few ingredients, and literally, in about 10 minutes, you can be eating.
OK, it might take you a bit longer if you have to devein the shrimp – so buy them already cut and deveined! With 3 net carbs, this dish is a must-try!
I used nice big and plump wild Argentinean shrimp that I got from my local fish guy, but really, any shrimp will do. These Argentinean shrimp are so pink they turn the sauce pink, so if it looks pinky, that’s why.
No matter what shrimp you pick, please remove the tails! I get that they look pretty with the tails on, but it makes them so much harder to eat because you’ll get butter sauce all over your fingers and might have to lick it off – wait, is this a bad thing? Ha! Up to you – tails on or off. Your choice.
You’ll need a good, heavy-bottomed pan for this recipe like this cast iron one or a good multi-purpose non-stick skillet because you need the butter to get hot and for the residual heat to help cook the shrimp.
Oh, and grab a pair of silicon-tipped tongs, too, they’re a kitchen lifesaver!
How To Make This Easy Keto Seafood Recipe
This is a simple recipe where the shrimp cook in a garlic-butter sauce.
- Simply melt some butter in a pan until it gets all foamy, pop in the garlic to pre-cook a minute or two, add your shrimp and you’re almost done!
2. Once the shrimp are cooked, just add a splash of lemon, a bit of chicken stock, and some parsley, and you’re good to go!
3. I also added some sliced green onions for a bit of flavor as a garnish but those didn’t make it onto the picture.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the butter and garlic to add a bit of spice to this dish
- Top it with freshly cracked black pepper for another burst of flavor
- Make your life easy and look for zippered shrimp – shrimp that have been cut down the back with the vein removed, or totally peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Start with raw shrimp so they don’t end up overcooked and rubbery.
What To Serve With Keto Shrimp Scampi
Serve this low carb and keto Shrimp Scampi with zucchini noodles or another green veggie, and that’s it, dinner is on the table in no time!
Step By Step Process
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Peel and devein the shrimp if necessary. Dry them well with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to a heavy-bottomed skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter starts to foam, add the garlic and stir it around for a minute until the garlic cooks.
- Add the shrimp all at once, and keep them in one layer in the pan. Turn the shrimp over after a minute or two (depending on the size) and cook through.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and remove the pan from the heat. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and chicken broth. Stir well to combine.
- Pour sauce over the shrimp and garnish with a few lemon wedges. Dig in!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more keto deliciousness? This keto soup is loaded with veggies and a delish broth and this meaty dish is a family favorite. Keto breakfast can be a cinch with make-ahead egg bites, and this salad dressing goes amazingly on just about everything.