Thick and luscious without any fake ingredients, THIS is how keto Blue Cheese Dressing is supposed to taste! On a wedge salad, with wings, or with your favorite dippers, I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips and tricks to make this fabulous keto blue cheese dip and dressing every time!
Super packed with flavor, there are few things as delicious as this chunky keto Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe. It’s versatile too, so grab the few ingredients it takes to make and whip up this delish dressing and you’ll be adding flavor to everything in no time!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What You Need to Make This Blue Cheese Dressing Keto
- Blue cheese, of course – I like Gorgonzola because it has the right blend of creaminess and blue cheese without being overpowering
- Sour cream
- Heavy whipping cream
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue cheese carbs are good carbs! Loaded with protein and a hefty dose of fat, this is a well-balanced keto salad dressing and dip.
Plus, it’s easy to make:
- Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and half of the blue cheese in a bowl until smooth.
- Crumble the remaining blue cheese into the sauce without breaking it up too much. You want those lovely chunks!
- Give it a few good grinds of fresh pepper and a pinch of salt.
Chef Jenn’s Tips To Make Homemade Blue Cheese Dresing
- Gorgonzola is my blue cheese of choice for making this keto blue cheese salad dressing recipe. It is creamy and not too sharp which balances nicely with the other ingredients.
- I use a combo of mayo and sour cream in most of my recipes like this. It just has a nicer flavor, and the bit of tang from the sour cream is a nice addition. Plus, if you’ve read many of my blog posts, you’ll know that I think mayo is disgusting. The jarred stuff, that is. Blech.
- No fresh lemon juice? You can use regular white or cider vinegar instead. This recipe really does need a bit of acidity.
- Use bleu cheese crumbles if you can’t find the wedges or just want to make this a bit easier to make.
How to Use Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
I love this keto salad dressing on a salad, and if I’m feeling fancy I’ll make it a wedge salad. But even just a regular salad along with a meal like this sausage dish is stellar.
Soup and salad is another stunning combination, and there’s nothing better than this beefy and veggie loaded soup.
You can use this dressing as a dip, too, with your favorite veggies or with spicy wings. You can even use it as a keto blue cheese sauce, but I’d use it cold instead of heated up.
I also love putting out a variety of salad dressings making my own salad bar. This Japanese sesame dressing is always a hit.
There are so many things you can do with it!
It sure can be! If you make it from scratch – which admittedly just tastes better anyway – you can avoid all the nasty oils and fillers and starches that are found in the bottled version. This keto blue cheese dressing recipe only 0 net carbs per serving making it a stellar choice as a keto salad dressing.
Yes! It’s best to make it yourself, of course, but even store bought blue cheese dressing has few carbs. Strict keto dieters will need to make it themselves to avoid the soybean oils and any hidden sugars or starches. This recipe is perfect for strict keto dieters.
Yes, but blue cheese carbs are good carbs! There is only 1 carb in a serving of this recipe, but they’re not sugary or starchy carbs.
LIke this? ALso Try:
Step By Step PRocess
Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled and divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- With a whisk, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and heavy whipping cream and half the blue cheese until smooth. Don't worry about breaking up all the blue cheese.
- Add the remaining blue cheese in crumbles and the parsley. Mix gently. Season with salt and pepper and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
CheF Jenn’s Favorites
I’m a HUGE foodie and am always creating new recipes to try. But I have my favorites, too, and at the time of publishing this recipe, the following are my favorite keto recipes:
- This sausage and sauerkraut Instant Pot classic
- A meaty hash for breakfast
- Creamed spinach
- Egg bites made in my Dash
- This meaty chicken casserole
10 thoughts on “Keto Blue Cheese Dressing”
My husband will love this recipe. He’s been craving blue cheese dressing and this is perfect for hit diet
Such a tasty dip! I sometimes struggle to find tasty dips that are keto so I love this!
Oooooooo…. You can never go wrong with homemade blue cheese dressing! And I love that this is keto.
I love blue cheese dressing. This recipe is so easy and the dressing looks perfect! Can’t wait to make this myself.
This is such a tasty dressing! Love the touch of Worcestershire sauce in it!
Blue cheese dressing and wedge salads are my dad’s favorite! Will be making this for him as a special surprise this Easter!
Love it! Perfectly chunky with super easy ingredients. Your wedge salad picture is making me hungry!
This is so easy to make that I’ll never buy store bought again. Absolutely delicious!
Love the parsley and Worcestershire sauce in this dressing, definitely brings some flavors typical blue cheese dressings don’t have!
My husband and I loved this dressing! We even use it as a dip for our raw veggies.