Forget the grill and get your hands on big and beefy keto Air Fryer Burgers made in hardly any time at all! Just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes later you can be chowing down on a delish meal, keto style!
Anyone can make these easy air fryer burgers, and with just a few ingredients you can whip up a dish everyone will love. Hungry? Read on and I, Chef Jenn, will show you all my tips and tricks to make amazing keto hamburgers!
What you Need To Make Easy Keto Air Fryer Burgers
- An air fryer – I use a Cuisinart oven-style multi-function air fryer. I love that it’s not just a one-trick appliance and I use it several times a day.
- Ground beef
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Mix the meat with the spices.
- Form it into four equal patties and press down in the middle to create an indent. This helps to keep the burgers from puffing up too much in the middle.
- Air fry at 360-F for about 6 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with cheese and your favorite veggies and condiments.
What Kind of Ground Beef Makes the Best Burgers
Fat is your friend when it comes to burgers, so resist the temptation to get lean ground beef. I love 80/20 beef for this recipe. It has enough fat for flavor, but not so much that it’s oozing out all over the place when cooking them.
You can also make air fryer hamburgers with a blend of chuck, sirloin, or your favorite cuts.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Use good quality – pasture-raised if you can get it – beef for the best-tasting burgers.
- Fresh beef really does taste better in these air fryer burgers, so try to use fresh ground beef instead of frozen and thawed. But if that’s all you’ve got, use it!
- Don’t overmix the beef. Just blend it enough that all the spices are worked through.
- Preheat your air fryer and always follow the manufacturer’s directions for the best results.
- Set them gently into the air fryer basket and don’t over-crowd them.
How To Serve Keto Burgers
- I love serving them on a chaffle, but lettuce wraps are good too!
- Top your burger with Sweet ‘n Tangy Pickles, lettuce, tomato (Are Tomatoes Keto?), and all your favorite condiments.
- Or, just eat your burger as it is with your favorite cheese on top.
What To Serve With Keto Burgers in the Air Fryer
Need delish keto sides for burgers? This is the perfect opportunity to make delish sides like Pickle Slaw (a cool and creamy coleslaw with the addition of pickle and bacon), go for veggie sticks with Green Goddess Dressing for dipping, or serve these burgers alongside tasty air-fried veggies like asparagus. For a classic meal, pair your burger with this Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Shake, and for dessert, these sugar-free keto ice cream cones are terrific!
- Beefy low-carb burgers will freeze fabulously! Make them and then tightly wrap the chilled leftovers in plastic, then freeze for up to 3 months.
- They’ll also keep in the fridge for about 5 days if in an air-tight container.
Burger Recipe for 1
This is a great recipe if you’re cooking for one or you just have one ketoer in the house. Simply prepare the beef mixture as per the recipe, and divide it into four sections.
Freeze three of the sections to use later (you can freeze it in hamburger shape or as a lump of meat).
Thaw what you need and cook according to the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your favorite cheese is the best cheese! Anything works – from processed cheese slices to extra old cheddar. Or, switch up the flavor by using blue cheese crumbles, pepper jack, or a smoked gouda. Try them with different cheeses to discover your favorite!
Absolutely! Especially if you make them from scratch with no starchy or carby fillers. Keep it simple: meat, spices, salt and pepper. Top it with your favorite veggies and condiments and you’re all set!
It all depends on the burger and how you top it, but this 100% beef burger rings in with just ZERO net carbs making it a great choice for a keto or low carb diet.
Like This? Also Try:
More Air Fryer Recipes
Step By Step Process
Keto Air Fryer Burgers
- Preheat your air fryer to 360-F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form four patties from the beef mixture. Press your thumb into the middle of the top of each burger to form an indent.
- Air fry the burgers for 6 minutes then flip an cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until they have reached your desired level of doneness.
- Top with cheese and pop back into the air fryer for 30 seconds or just to melt the cheese (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
So Much More To Try!
Want even more keto deliciousness? These are some of my current favorites:
And if you need help figuring out carbs, check out this net carb calculator!