This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Creamy, cheesy and indulgent, this Baked Eggs Florentine with Ham dish is an instant brunch classic.
It might sound and look fancy, but there’s nothing frou-frou about this humble dish of eggs, spinach, ham, and cream. Oh, and don’t forget the cheese!
On the table in about 30 minutes, the toughest part about making this keto breakfast recipe is wilting the spinach and then draining it. Oh, that and waiting for it to cook while you salivate over the amazing aromas coming out of the oven!
Spinach, ham, cheese and cream – it’s a magical combination of ingredients, and in this easy-to-make layered dish, you can impress your family, friends and even yourself with this amazing keto breakfast recipe.
How to Make Baked Eggs Florentine With Ham
Start with about 8 ounces of spinach. Give it a rinse and pop it into a large skillet. Turn the heat on medium-high and wilt that spinach down.
Then, get the spinach into a strainer and use the back of a spatula or a small bowl to squeeze the water out. Or, let it cool and use your very clean hands to squeeze it (gently!) to remove the water.
2) Take one large (or two small) slices of deli ham and put it in the bottom of each dish, letting it come up the sides a bit.
3) Then, divide the spinach among four baking dishes on top of the ham, pressing it down slightly (don’t pack it).
4) Top this with a freshly cracked egg, 3 tbsp of heavy cream drizzled over top of the eggs, a tbsp of grated Parmesan or your favorite cheese, and a grate of pepper.
I find that no extra salt is needed, thanks to the ham and the cheese.
Put the dishes onto a baking sheet, slide them into a 375-F oven, and cook for about 12-15 minutes. You may want to turn the broiler on for another minute or two to cook/brown the tops.
What to serve with keto Baked Eggs Florentine with Ham
That’s it! Serve with some crisp bacon and enjoy your Baked Eggs Florentine with Ham, a delicious keto breakfast recipe for your next weekend brunch!
If you love this keto breakfast recipe, check out another brunch favorite like these Sausage ‘n Egg Cups and if you REALLY want to dress up this dish to impress, use the spinach from this Keto Steakhouse Creamed Spinach dish in place of the wilted spinach!
Is This a Keto freezer Dish?
It won’t do well once you thaw it. Eggs tend to go kind if nasty in the freezer. However, you can freeze components of this dish.
I’ve made it with frozen and thawed spinach, and frozen and thawed ham (just try to blot up some of the water from thawed ham before using it). Once baked, it won’t freeze well. Sorry!
LIke this? Also Try:
Rich, creamy, decadent and oh-so good, these Baked Eggs Florentine with Ham is a keto breakfast recipe you don't want to miss!
- 2 tbps butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces spinach
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Grease the inside of four oven-safe individual size casserole dishes or ramekins with the butter.
- Rinse the spinach and wilt it over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Remove from the pan and put in a strainer. Use the back of a bowl or the back of a spatula to press out as much of the water as you can. This step can be done the night before, but you'll need to add a few minutes of cooking time if you use cold spinach.
- Divide the ham and layer it inside each baking dish, placing the ham so that it comes up the inside of each dish.
- Top with 1/4 of the spinach, then add the egg. Drizzle with 3 tbsp of heavy cream, and 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Add a few grinds of pepper.
- Put the casserole dishes onto a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated 375-F oven for about 12-15 minutes. Put under the broiler for the last minute or two to cook the top of the egg. Remove when the egg has reached your desired doneness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 272mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g