Looking for a breakfast or brunch recipe that’ll knock their socks off! These keto Sausage ‘n Egg Cups are all that and more! Fun to make and not at all hard, this is a meaty keto breakfast recipe that’ll impress everyone! Follow me, Chef Jenn, and I’ll show you all my best tips and tricks for making this amazing keto sausage recipe perfectly every time!
Breakfast is often a challenge for keto and low-carb dieters, primarily because of the ease of turning to prepared pre-packaged carb-heavy breakfasts, but these Sausage ‘n Egg Cups are the answer to your weekday mornings.
Equipment to Make Sausage ‘n Egg Cups
Recipes don’t get much easier than this.
Start with good quality ingredients, including bulk breakfast sausage that isn’t too fatty.
Go for the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage in a tube, or your store brand. If you’re stuck, you can bust open breakfast sausage links and remove the meat, discarding the casings.
The cheese is also important – go for something with some flavor, like gouda, Parmesan, or an Italian blend. Stay away from mozzarella or jack, as it won’t add any flavor to the Sausage ‘n Egg Cups.
Then, it’s just a matter of mixing your sausage mixture with some finely chopped onion and parsley, forming them into the muffin cups, and pre-baking.
They take about 8 minutes in a hot oven to pre-bake, then add some cheese, crack an egg into each cup, and bake for about another 5-8 minutes, depending on how done you want your eggs to be.
The genius behind this recipe is that you can make them ahead of time and just pop one in the microwave on a busy morning for a tasty grab-and-go keto and low-carb friendly meal!
If you don’t have any sausage on hand, check out these Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins.
For a step-by-step look at the process, click the gallery below, or scroll down for the recipe and a pinnable image.
- Use a good quality, not too fatty sausage. If you do get a bunch of grease in the cups before you put the egg in, scoop some out.
- Turn the broiler on for just a few seconds to cook the top of the egg if you’re having trouble getting it cooked.
Like This? ALso Try:
- Spinach & Cheese Egg Bites
- Keto Corned Beef Hash
- Baked Eggs Florentine with Ham
- Bulletproof peppermint mocha
Sausage ‘n Egg Cups
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup cheese shredded, divided
- 6 each eggs
- Remove the sausage from the casings if needed, then mix the sausage with the finely diced onion and parsley. Mix well.
- Divide the sausage meat between the muffin cups. Press the sausage evenly into the muffin cups, pressing it high up the sides. Cover as much of the inside of each muffin hole as you can.
- Bake the sausage in the muffin tin at 350-F for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and put a good pinch of shredded cheese into the sausage-lined cup. Put it on top of the sausage in the muffin hole. Top this with an egg and a small sprinkle of cheese. Top with a few grinds of fresh pepper and a tiny sprinkle of salt.
- Bake in the oven at 375-F for 5-10 minutes depending on how done you like your eggs. Enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.