When you’re struck with the dinner dilemma and can’t decide between meatloaf or a casserole, don’t decide at all and make this tasty all-in-one keto Meatloaf Casserole!
With a Southern-inspired meatloaf filling and tasty garlicky cauliflower mash on top, this is a complete meal that everyone loves. Hungry? Let’s get cooking!
What You Need To Make Keto Meatloaf Casserole
- Cauliflower – fresh is best for this recipe
- Heavy whipping cream
- Garlic – fresh is best!
- Dried chives
- Avocado oil
- Lean ground beef
- Green bell pepper
- Crushed / pureed tomato
- Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh parsley
How To Make This Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until tender then pop it with the garlic, butter and cream into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Let it cool a bit.
- Mix the dried chives and eggs into the whipped cauliflower. Set aside.
- Brown the beef in a skillet in the avocado oil then add the onions and celery and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, bell pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to the beef mixture. Heat through and season with salt.
- Layer the beef mixture in the bottom of a 9×9 casserole dish. Top the beef layer with the mashed cauliflower.
- Bake at 375-F for about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips to Make This Keto Meatloaf Casserole Recipe
- Use good quality (grass-fed if you can) lean ground beef, but you can also use a combination of pork, chicken, or turkey.
- Use fresh cauliflower to make the mashed topping – frozen and thawed cauliflower will just be too runny.
- Jazz up this dish with a 1/2 cup of parmesan in the cauliflower mash.
What To Serve With This Keto Beef Casserole Recipe
While this casserole is certainly hearty enough to stand on its own as a complete meal, if you want more check out tasty veggies like this Asparagus & Green Beans with Lemon & Pecans, or this Cucumber, Tomato & Avocado Salad.
Is This Keto Meatloaf Casserole Freezer Friendly?
Yes! This dish will freeze just fine.
Simply cool it thoroughly and then freeze it in a freezer-friendly container for up to three months.
To reheat, thaw it and then warm it in the microwave or in the oven covered with foil.
They sure can be! This Meatloaf Casserole, for example, is totally keto. Skip the carbs and keep your net carbs low for it to be keto.
There are XX net carbs per serving in this hearty Keto Meatloaf Casserole.
With this meatloaf casserole, covering isn’t necessary. Plus, the mashed topping will get lightly golden brown if you leave it uncovered. Yummy!
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Meatloaf Casserole
For the cauliflower topping:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp dried chives
For the beefy layer:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley optional
To make the mashed cauliflower topping:
- Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is very soft. Drain well.
- Put the cauliflower, butter, garlic, and cream into a food processor or blender. Pulse until very smooth. Let cool.
- Once cool, add the egg yolks, chives and salt. Pulse until well mixed. Set aside.
To make the beefy layer:
- Sautee the veggies in a skillet over medium-high heat in 1 tbsp of avocado oil until the onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown. Drain off any excess fat/liquid.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce to the beef. Mix well. Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add the beefy layer to the bottom of a 9×9-inch square or 8 or 9-inch round casserole dish. Press it down lightly. Please see below if you use individual size ramekins or baking dishes.
- Add the mashed cauliflower topping and spread it around evenly without pressing it down too hard.
- Bake in a preheated 375-F oven for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional) and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you love recipes and cooking for your keto lifestyle, be sure to check out breakfast favorites like these tasty egg bites, or whip out your Instant Pot for this set-it-and-forget-it sauerkraut and sausage dish. Other tasty picks include this delish soup, or this meaty sausage dish.