Meatloaf doesn’t have to be boring! I’m going to show you how to make Chef Jenn’s JAZZED UP flavor-in-your-face meatloaf that’s not just keto, but totally delicious. Ready for the Best Keto Meatloaf Recipe on the planet? Read on!
I used to hate meatloaf. My parents made this loaf of meat and it was bland, boring and tasteless. Fast forward a few decades and I was asked to cater an event and they wanted the best damn meatloaf on the planet.
So, I set out to create just that, and now I’ve ketoized it so you can enjoy the BEST KETO MEATLOAF mini-style.
Why Mini Keto Meatloaf?
You know what? A whole meatloaf is just fine. Make a big 2 pound sucker and cook it for 90 minutes.
I don’t have the luxury of that kind of time, so this keto meatloaf recipe cooks up quickly enough to make it a tasty weeknight pick.
How Do You Make Meatloaf Keto?
No breadcrumbs, right? Right! But all you need is a clever combination of protein rich ground meats and a few other ingredients.
With enough moisture, fat, and flavor, you can avoid dense meatloaves that’d crack the floor if you dropped it.
Instead, this keto meatloaf recipe is light, juicy, and loaded with flavor.
Pork Rinds or Almond Flour?
Neither! You can make this nut-free keto meatloaf without any additional fillers! Just read on to see how I manipulate ingredients to get enough juiciness into each bite.
What You Need To Make Keto Friendly Meatloaf
- A large mixing bowl – these stackable mixing bowls save space and they’re stainless steel so they’ll take a beating
- Sharp knife – Henckels are my preferred brand for a great combo of quality, price and durability
- Cutting board – yup, there’s some chopping involved, so make sure you’re using a good, dishwasher safe cutting board.
- Measuring spoons
- Ramekins or other oven-safe small containers. A jumbo muffin tin would work, too. But I love the look of individual-size casserole dishes.
- Digital meat thermometer
Ingredients to Make Keto Meatloaf Muffins
- Ground beef and pork blend – some stores sell a blend of beef and pork, this is ideal! If you can’t find it already blended, you can use half lean ground beef and half lean ground pork.
- Fresh mushrooms
- Dehydrated onion flakes
- Garlic clove
- Sugar-free ketchup
- So Nourished Brown Sugar
- Mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
How To Make This Mini Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix the meat, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic and onion, and the egg until well combined.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and tomatoes and blend carefully to not moosh up all the veggies.
- Form into 6 large balls, then flatten them slightly. Put each flattened ball into a muffin tin or into an individual size casserole dish.
- Bake at 350-F for 35-40 minutes. Cook until an internal temp of 165-F has been reached. Use a good digital thermometer!
- To make the sauce, combine the SF ketchup, mustard powder, and So Nourished brown sugar in a small bowl.
- About 10 minutes before the keto meatloaf muffins are finished, spoon the sauce equally over the top of each meatloaf.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Whenever I make this easy keto meatloaf or meatballs, I take a small bit of the blended mixture (about a tablespoon) and microwave it for about 20 seconds. Then, I eat it to make sure there’s enough salt and pepper in the recipe. I adjust if needed.
- You can make this recipe with ground turkey or chicken, too, or a combination of your favorite ground meats.
- Lean ground beef and pork is best for this recipe. The bacon adds enough extra fat.
- If you’re using small casserole dishes, pop them onto a sheet pan so you can easily move them in and out of the oven.
What To Serve With This Keto Meatloaf Recipe
Bring out those veggies! These meaty meatloaf muffins are packed full of fat and protein so balance that with some tasty veggies. Crack Cauliflower is the perfect side dish for this recipe, or go with something cool and creamy like this Pickle Slaw with Bacon.
Does This Keto Mini Meatloaf Freeze?
You bet it does! Simply cool them completely in the fridge and then package them in a zipper-top freezer bag or freezer friendly container. Freeze for up to three months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then microwave on medium power until heated through, or pop them into the oven in a covered dish at 350-F until heated through.
It sure can be! Watch out for fillers like bread crumbs which would up the carb count.
You bet it is, and it’s loaded with protein so dig in!
This recipe has about 4 net carbs per serving.
Like This Keto Meatloaf Recipe? Also Try:
Step By Step Process to Make The Best Keto Meatloaf Recipe
The Best Mini Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef and pork blend
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 each egg
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Blend the ground meat with the chopped bacon, dried onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the chopped tomato and mushrooms to the meat mixture, folding it in carefully so you don't moosh up all the tomato.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 large balls, and flatten each one a wee bit. Pop them into your casserole dishes or a muffin tin.
- Bake at 350-F for about 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and top with the sauce then continue cooking another 10-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165-F.
To Make The Sauce
- Blend the SF ketchup, mustard powder, and So Nourished brown sugar in a small bowl.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.