Perfect for your keto breakfast on the go, a keto Breakfast Sandwich with sausage is just what you need to get your day started the tasty and keto way!
Totally make-ahead-able, these tasty sausage biscuits are loaded with flavor.
It all starts with a flaky and delish cheddar-packed biscuit, and with a juicy and flavorful sausage patty in between the buttered halves, you’ll be all set to munch on something filling and still low-carb. Hungry? Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients to Make This Easy Keto Breakfast
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Heavy whipping cream
- Melted butter
- Sausage patties
How to Make This Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, butter, and whipping cream. Mix well.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some almond flour on the counter and press out the biscuit dough, cutting it into about 8 circles, 1/2-inch thick.
- Transfer the biscuits to a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage patties as per package directions.
- Slice the warm biscuits in half, butter each side, and fill it with a sausage patty. Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- No sausage? Make these tasty biscuits and fill them with a combination of fried egg, bacon, and more cheese.
- Mix up the cheeses in the biscuits – try pepper jack, colby, gouda, or any of your favorite cheeses.
- Want to make these extra special? Top the biscuits before baking, with tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Look at the ingredient list of the sausage – watch for starchy fillers that add carbs!
Is This Easy Keto Breakfast Freezer Friendly?
Yes – oh totally yes!
Simply wrap the sausage biscuits up tightly in plastic wrap and then pop them into a zipper-top freezer bag for extra protection. Freeze them for up to three months.
To reheat, wrap one up in paper towel and pop it in the microwave on defrost for a minute. Then, heat it, still in the paper towel, for a minute or two, or until it is heated through.
Enjoy your keto breakfast on the go!
I love biscuits loaded with a combination of sausage, egg, cheese, and bacon.
They can be! I make my biscuits with almond flour to keep them keto.
They sure are. And they’re nutritious, too!
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Breakfast Sandwiches with Sausage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour extra fine
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 pound breakfast sausage rounds, or bulk
- Preheat oven to 350-F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, eggs and cheddar cheese. Stir until cream cheese is smooth.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture, almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and the melted butter. Stir until just combined – don't overmix or they'll be hard.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes to make handling easier.
- Sprinkle almond flour on a hard surface. Pat the biscuit dough to about 1/2 inch thick and use a circle cookie cutter or a mason jar to cut the biscuits into 8 rounds.
- Put the biscuits on a parchment-paper lined sheet pan and bake for about 15 minutes at 350-F.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage patties as per instructions on the package.
- To assemble, cut cooled biscuits in half and pop a sausage patty inside. Enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more keto deliciousness? This Southern casserole is always a big hit with the family, and if you’re a soup fan, check out this veggie-packed soup. Want something meaty and cheesy? This sausage dish will surely satisfy, and for another tasty breakfast pick, this keto omelette is a winner!