Crispy on the outside and moist and tender inside, these keto air fryer Chicken Tenders are everything a tender should be! Golden brown and delicious, they’re fun to make and eat! Hungry? Read on and I, Chef Jenn, will show you how to make these amazing keto chicken tenders perfectly every time!
Served with your favorite sauce or just gobbled up as they are, keto air fryer Chicken Tenders are about as good as good can get! The coating is crunchy and flavorful and the tenders are moist and delish on the inside. Who says keto can’t be tasty?
What You Need to Make Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air fryer – see my notes below
- Digital meat thermometer
- Chicken tenders – or boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- Almond flour – superfine almond flour works well
- Parmesan cheese – grated, not shredded
- Garlic powder
- Oil spray or silicone brush and oil
A Word on Air Fryers
I use a multi-function Cuisinart model air fryer. I like how it isn’t just a one-trick pony, and while it does have a bigger footprint on my counter, we use it EVERY day. Several times a day. So it’s a good investment for our lifestyle. Any model air fryer will work, just make sure the capacity is big enough to hold everything in one layer. You may have to work in batches.
Many air-fried dishes can benefit from a spray of oil to help them crisp up. I use a refillable oil spray bottle. If you’re going to do much air frying, this spray bottle will make things sooo much easier and tastier!
How To Make Keto Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- In a shallow plate, combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and garlic powder.
- In a second shallow plate, mix one egg with one tablespoon of water.
- Pat the tenders dry then dip them in the egg/water mixture, and then into the crumb mixture. You may have to press some of the crumbs to the tenders to help them stick.
- Place the tenders in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Spray or brush them with oil.
- Air fry the chicken tenders at 400-F for about 4 minutes per side. Enjoy!
How Long to Air Fry Chicken Tenders
Preheat your air fryer based on the manufacturer’s instructions, then air fry the tenders at 400-F for about 4-5 minutes per side. Flip them once. Use a good digital meat thermometer to make sure the raw tenders cook to 165-F before serving.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Don’t overcook the tenders! They will dry out if you overcook them. Use a digital meat thermometer and pull them out at 165-F.
- Grated, not shredded Parmesan works best. It’s the powdery kind of Parmesan, and in this recipe, it doesn’t have to be fancy Parm!
- Superfine almond flour is what I perfer in this recipe. It makes the nicest coating.
- You can add some pepper to the breading, but hold the salt! There’s usually enough salt in the Parmesan cheese. If you’re uncertain, bread one and cook it and test it to see if the keto breaded chicken tender has enough salt for your liking. If not, add a bit of salt to the breading mixture and carry on.
What To Serve With Keto Chicken Tenders
Keto chicken tenders go splendidly with soooo many different sauces and side dishes. I love dipping these tenders into Creamy Jalapeno Dip or Green Goddess Dressing, but Dill Pickle Ranch is also a favorite.
Chicken tenders in the air fryer pair nicely with sides like: a classic keto Caprese Salad, Broccoli Casserole with Parmesan, and Baked Feta and Zoodles. And for dessert, check out this air fryer Cheesecake or this keto-friendly rainbow sherbet.
How To Store Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These air fryer keto chicken tenders will keep fine in the fridge for 3-4 days if in an air-tight container. Sadly, they’re not a good candidate for the freezer as they will dry out and the breading will lose its crunch.
How To Reheat Keto Chicken Strips in the Air Fryer
You don’t want to blast already cooked chicken tenders or strips with high heat, so to reheat tenders or strips, simply heat them at about 350-F for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, when you make them this way they sure are! The carbs from breaded chicken tenders some from the flour in the breading of traditional tenders. When you make the breading with almond flour and Parmesan, you can cut all the carbs! There are just 2 net carbs per hearty serving of these keto chicken tenders!
Yes! Instead of egg, dip the patted-dry tenders into heavy whipping cream, then press them into the breading mixture. It won’t work quite as well as egg, but it’ll do the trick!
Yes! This is an easy recipe to make. Dipping the tenders and breading them can be a bit messy, but the results are so worth it! From start to finished, this recipe should take about 20 minutes, including cooking time!
Like This? Also Try:
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a shallow dish, mix the egg with the water until well combined.
- In another shallow dish, combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and spices. Mix well.
- Pat the tenders dry with a paper towel, then working one at a time, dip the tender into the egg to cover all sides. Then dredge the tender through the almond flour and Parmesan mixture, pressing lightly to stick the crumbs to the tender. Repeat.
- Line the tenders up on your airy fryer baking rack or in the basket, in a single layer.
- Spray with oil or lightly brush the tops with oil.
- Air fry at 400-F for 4 minutes then flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165-F.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want Even More Easy Keto Recipes?
These are some of my current favorites:
- Crack Cauliflower
- Beefy minestrone soup
- Grilled vegetables
- Air fryer lamb
- And this dump-and-go Instant Pot classic
Having trouble counting carbs? Check out this handy calculator.