This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
I’ll admit, that these keto Kefta Beef Kabobs won’t win any beauty contests, but these Middle Eastern-inspired kabobs are SO moist, SO flavorful, and SO delicious, that they’re going to change how you look at kabobs. And, at 1 net carb per serving, there’s every reason to make this dish a new favorite!
Traditional kabobs run the risk of getting dried out, burned, or lack flavor. But with these tasty gems, the flavor is blended right in with the meat. A quick trip on the grill (or baked in the oven) and you’ve got a winning dish. I love serving these with grilled veggies which I grill at the same time, and with cool and creamy tzatziki on the side.
One must-have with this dish, and in my humble opinion, any kabob recipe, are reuseable skewers. Not only are they more environmentally friendly, but they don’t burn! Soak them or beg them, I always burn my wooden skewers. But, with steel skewers, burning is a thing of the past!
Add this keto-friendly kefta beef kabobs recipe to your keep file, and with a few tips and tricks, you can make this winning dish again and again.
Kefta Beef Kabobs Tips & Tricks
- Use fresh parsley! Dried parsley has its uses, but not in this recipe. Fresh flat or curly leaf parsley adds a herbaceous flavor and moisture to the recipe that dried parsley just can’t match.
- Use steel skewers and say goodbye to burned wooden ones.
- Chilling the meat, once it’s been put on the skewer, will help it firm up and it won’t fall off the skewer so easily.
- Grill until medium, medium-rare. That’s about 130-F on a thermometer. They’ll cook a bit more once you take them off the heat, and over-cooking will dry them out.
1.5 pounds of lean ground beef made five hefty skewers, but feel free to make them bigger or smaller to suit your family. For a step-by-step image gallery click below, or scroll down for the recipe or a pinnable image. Happy eating!
Tender, garlicky, and grilled for maximum flavor, these keto and low-carb friendly Kefta Beef Kabobs are an essential part of summer grilling.
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves, thicker stems removed
- 1 small onion, about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp mild (sweet) paprika
- 1 tsp smoked hot paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pulse the onion, parsley, garlic, and spices in a food processor until finely chopped and blended.
- Mix the onion and spice mixture with the ground beef until well combined. Microwave a small bit of the meat to cook it, and taste it to check for salt and pepper. Add more as necessary.
- Forming ping pong ball-size balls of meat, skewer the balls down the center and form the meat into a thick sausage shape around the skewer. Repeat until the meat is used up.
- You can refrigerate the meat at this point for up to a few hours, or grill right away until medium-rare/medium, about 130-135F on a thermometer. Serve with tzatziki and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 33g