Packed with big beefy flavor and hardly any carbs, these keto Beef Kefta Kabobs are fun to make and delicious to eat! Follow me, Chef Jenn, and I’ll show you all my best tips and tricks for making this amazing keto kabob recipe perfectly every time!
I’ll admit, that these keto Kefta Beef Kabobs won’t win any beauty contests, but these Middle Eastern-inspired kabobs are SO moist, SO flavorful, and SO delicious, that they’re going to change how you look at kabobs. And, at 1 net carb per serving, there’s every reason to make this dish a new favorite!
Traditional kabobs run the risk of getting dried out, burned, or lack flavor. But with these tasty gems, the flavor is blended right in with the meat. A quick trip on the grill (or baked in the oven) and you’ve got a winning dish. I love serving these with grilled veggies which I grill at the same time, and with cool and creamy tzatziki on the side.
One must-have with this dish, and in my humble opinion, any kabob recipe, are reuseable skewers. Not only are they more environmentally friendly, but they don’t burn! Soak them or beg them, I always burn my wooden skewers. But, with steel skewers, burning is a thing of the past!
Add this keto-friendly kefta beef kabobs recipe to your keep file, and with a few tips and tricks, you can make this winning dish again and again.
Kefta Beef Kabobs Tips & Tricks
- Use fresh parsley! Dried parsley has its uses, but not in this recipe. Fresh flat or curly leaf parsley adds a herbaceous flavor and moisture to the recipe that dried parsley just can’t match.
- Use steel skewers and say goodbye to burned wooden ones.
- Chilling the meat, once it’s been put on the skewer, will help it firm up and it won’t fall off the skewer so easily.
- Grill until medium, medium-rare. That’s about 130-F on a thermometer. They’ll cook a bit more once you take them off the heat, and over-cooking will dry them out.
1.5 pounds of lean ground beef made five hefty skewers, but feel free to make them bigger or smaller to suit your family. For a step-by-step image gallery click below, or scroll down for the recipe or a pinnable image. Happy eating!
Keto/Low-Carb Kefta Beef Kabobs
- Pulse the onion, parsley, garlic, and spices in a food processor until finely chopped and blended.
- Mix the onion and spice mixture with the ground beef until well combined. Microwave a small bit of the meat to cook it, and taste it to check for salt and pepper. Add more as necessary.
- Forming ping pong ball-size balls of meat, skewer the balls down the center and form the meat into a thick sausage shape around the skewer. Repeat until the meat is used up.
- You can refrigerate the meat at this point for up to a few hours, or grill right away until medium-rare/medium, about 130-135F on a thermometer. Serve with tzatziki and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.