Totally keto and low-carb and totally delicious, these tasty Sausage, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps are the perfect snack. But, you can also enjoy them as a light meal, or appetizer. Follow me, Chef Jenn, and I’ll show you all my best tips and tricks for making this amazing keto snack recipe perfectly every time!
And, the best part is that you can make them ahead of time and pop them in the fridge to reheat later.
My kids gobble these up, too, especially if I give them some tomato sauce to go with it. Super simple and oh-so good, at just 3 net carbs per serving, this is one keto snack you can’t do without!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
How To Make Sausage, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
The key to this recipe is finding big mushrooms and using a good quality sausage meat that’s not too fatty.
I get jumbo mushrooms from Costco and they work great, but you can also use cremini or even portobello mushrooms for this recipe (adjust the cooking time for portobellos).
To remove the mushroom stem, cup the mushroom cap in your palm with the stem sticking up. Use the thumb of your other hand to gently push the stem to the side, causing it to snap at the base. Pull it out.
It might take you a mushroom or three to get the knack of it – just go slowly and don’t worry if some stem is left behind.
Give them a good wash and you’re ready to mix and fill!
Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl, mixing well to combine all the flavors.
Fill the washed mushroom caps with the sausage mixture, mounding it up over the mushroom. Kind of like if you were to set a meatball into a mushroom cap.
Line these tasty fellas up on a baking sheet with raised edges and bake at 375-F for about 15 minutes or until the sausage is cooked to 165-F degrees.
Don’t overcook, or they’ll dry out and get hard.
- Use whatever cheese you have on hand, cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, Italian blend – they all work.
- Sausage, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps are the perfect make-ahead keto snack. Prepare them up to baking, and pop them in the oven 20 minutes before you want to eat. Or, cook and chill and reheat in a low oven to serve.
- Serve with a keto-friendly marinara sauce for dipping.
What To SErve With Sausage, Bacon & Cheese STuffed Mushrooms
This is the perfect keto game day snack, and you can enjoy them on their own or as a part of a snack bar. Lay out all your favorite appetizers, and serve these Cheesy Crispy Keto Crackers with it!
Are These Keto Stuffed Mushrooms Freezable?
Yes! These tasty keto appetizers will freeze just fine. Prepare them with the raw filling, then put them in one layer into a freezer-safe plastic bag or container, and freeze them for up to three months.
To bake them, bake them as per the recipe instructions, adding 10-15 minutes extra time to allow for thawing. Be sure to check the internal temperature, cooking them to 165-F.
Like This? ALso Try:
- Green Goddess Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Popable Pork Shots
- and be sure to check out my cookbooks!
Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1 pound sausage meat bulk sausage, or remove it from the casings
- 1 pound mushrooms washed and stems removed
- 4 slices raw bacon chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, mozzarella, Italian blend – whatever you have on hand
- Wash the mushrooms and carefully pop out the stems.
- Mix the sausage meat with the chopped bacon, parsley, dried onion flakes, garlic powder, and shredded cheese. Add a pinch of salt if you want but I find them salty enough with the cheese and sausage meat.
- Fill the mushroom caps with a generous portion of the sausage mixture, and put them on a baking sheet with raised sides.
- Bake at 375-F for about 15 minutes or until cooked through (165-F on a thermometer). Cooking time will vary on the size of your mushrooms and the amount of filling. Don’t overcook them or they get hard and dense. Enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
4 thoughts on “Sausage, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps”
These are delicious!! My family and I loved them! Thank you!
These little. bites of deliciousness are the best! Love that they are freezer-friendly too!
No one on my family will eat mushroom except me. I think I am making these stuffed mushroom just for me. I love that you used sausage in them, another one of my favorite.
Looks and sounds so delicious and flavorful! Can’t wait to try it.