Turkey meatloaf gets a bad rap because it is often dry, coarse, and tasteless. Chef Jenn to the rescue! With my amazing keto Turkey Meatloaf, there’s flavor in every moist, juicy bite! It’s easy, delicious, and the sauce on top is mmMmMM delish! Hungry? Read on and I’ll show you how to make this amazing low-carb turkey meatloaf with NO almond flour!
I love telling the story about how I used to HATE meatloaf with a passion. My parents didn’t make it often growing up, and for good reason – it wasn’t good! It was dry, tasteless, and hard as a brick. When I was working as a professional chef, a catering client challenged me to make the best meatloaf ever for her party – one that would knock the socks off her guests. Many, many meatloaves later, I struck on gold.
This keto-friendly turkey meatloaf with bacon is a version of that blow-your-mind meatloaf. This is moist, juicy, flavorful, and really darn tasty! It’s a terrific ground turkey recipe and a tasty twist on a traditional meatloaf. I bet you’ll love it as much as I do!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What You Need To Make Keto Turkey Meatloaf
- A meatloaf or loaf pan – I love this meatloaf pan with a raised insert to catch all the fat and to remove the meat mixture easily
- Digital meat thermometer
- Ground Turkey – look for lean ground turkey
- Worcestershire sauce
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chopped Mushrooms
- Chopped bacon
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
and for the glaze on this low-carb meatloaf recipe you’ll need:
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Brown sugar substitute – I love So Nourished sugar substitutes but use your favorite
- Worchestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
How To Make This Keto Ground Turkey Meatloaf
For a full list of ingredients and instructions, please scroll down to the end of this page.
To keep the ground turkey moist, you need to ADD moisture and to make it flavorful, you need to ADD flavor. In this recipe, mushrooms and bacon are added and they do the trick quite nicely. Plus, there’s no almond meal, no ground pork rinds, and nothing but flavor to enhance your keto diet!
- Finely chop the mushrooms, onions, and bacon. Pop them into a skillet with about a tablespoon of oil and cook until the mushrooms have shrunk and given off their liquid. About 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, lean turkey, Worcestershire sauce, and heavy whipping cream in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the mushroom mixture, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix to combine but don’t over mix.
- Pop the meat mixture into a loaf pan or baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 375-F for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, pull the meatloaf out and glaze it with about half the sauce which is a well-mixed combination of sugar-free ketchup, brown sugar substitute, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Save the rest of the sauce for your keto ground turkey meatloaf, adding it at the table – it’s that good!
- Pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165-F on a digital thermometer.
- Serve and enjoy this easy keto meatloaf recipe!
Chef Jenn’s Tips To Make This Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- Don’t overcook the low-carb turkey meatloaf! It’ll get dry and lose its flavor. Instead, use a digital meat thermometer and pull it out of the oven when it reaches 160-F and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. It’ll come up to 165-F which is the safe temperature for ground poultry
- Watch the ingredients in your Italian seasoning! Shockingly, some blends have sugar in them!
- I love So Nourished sugar substitutes, but any brown sugar substitute will work well in this sauce.
- Don’t worry if the mixture feels really wet. Ground turkey is very moist, but a lot of that will cook off. Just get the turkey mixture into the meatloaf pan and into the oven and let it do its thing!
- Don’t like turkey? Use ground chicken instead, and this recipe will also work with ground beef.
- Buy ground turkey on sale and pop it into the freezer for quick low-carb recipes and other keto meatloaf recipes.
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep! Make meatloaf minis and freeze them until you need one on your low-carb keto diet meal plan.
What To Serve With The Best Keto Turkey Meatloaf
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes are a match made in heaven, but with no potatoes on keto, you can swap out this creamy Cauliflower Mash or Mashed Turnips with your meatloaf for a low-carb alternative.
This keto turkey meatloaf recipe also pairs nicely with bright green veggies like Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus or a fresh salad like this classic Caprese Salad, or air fryer yellow squash.
How To Store This Keto Meatloaf Recipe
This gluten-free and keto turkey recipe will keep well in the fridge, if wrapped tightly, for up to a week. Or, you can freeze it.
To freeze turkey meatloaf, chill it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours then tightly wrap it in plastic wrap and then foil, or in an air-tight container or zipper-top bag. Either freeze slices of it for easy meals, or freeze the whole thing!
To reheat it, thaw it thoroughly in the fridge overnight and then warm it, covered, in a low 325-F oven until it is heated through. You can also heat in the microwave but don’t overcook it!
Frequently Asked Questions
No! You don’t need it! Bread or breadcrumbs in meatloaf aid in keeping the meat moist and also act as a binder. In this recipe, we keep the carbs down and go nut-free with the addition of an extra egg. That binds the meat and with all the added goodness, this meatloaf is always moist!
It sure can be! Made this way without the addition of carbs or starches, it’s a terrific high-protein and low-carb meal that’s perfect for keto dieters. With 5 net carbs per hearty serving, you can half seconds!
No, but you can make it dairy-free. As it is now, this keto turkey meatloaf with heavy cream has dairy in the form of the cream, but you can skip the cream and add a splash of almond milk or coconut milk instead.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Keto Turkey Meatloaf with Bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon So Nourished brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Worcesterhire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the chopped onion, chopped mushrooms, chopped bacon and minced garlic to a medium-size skillet. Add the oil.
- Sautee this mixture over medium-high heat until the mushrooms have given off their liquid and the onions are translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ground turkey, eggs, heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the sauteed veggies to the meat mixture and mix well to combine but don't over-mix.
- Gently press the meat mixture into a meatloaf pan and bake in a pre-heated 375-F oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and top it with about half of the sauce. Return the meatloaf to the oven for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 160-F. Take it from the oven and let it rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the keto turkey meatloaf with the extra sauce on the side. Enjoy!
To make the sauce:
- Combine the sugar-free ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar substitute, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want Even More Easy Keto Recipes?
These are some of my current favorites:
- Crack Cauliflower
- Beefy minestrone soup
- Grilled vegetables
- And this dump-and-go Instant Pot classic
Having trouble counting carbs? Check out this handy calculator.
7 thoughts on “Keto Turkey Meatloaf with Bacon”
It looks like the perfect Sunday recipe! I’ll make this tomorrow for our family special Sunday brunch!
Fall is almost here and I am so ready for comfort food. This meatloaf hit the spot and was so tender even without all the normal gluten and carb fillers.
I’ve always had a hard time getting my Turkey meatloaf right. With this recipe, it will be perfect!!! Yay!
This turkey meatloaf is such a great comforting meal for the whole family. It’s so moist and packed full of flavour, thank you!
We are so ready for comfort food and this keto meatloaf is going to be absolutely amazing! The family is going to love this and I can’t wait to make this for dinner tomorrow night!
A meal in itself! Fantastic combination of ingredients and it was VERY moist and flavorful! I have saved this one for sure!
I’m so glad you loved it, and thanks for stopping by to comment! ~Jenn