Every keto dieter needs to have a solid keto Cauliflower Mash recipe in their cooking arsenal, because mashed potatoes are not allowed! This keto mashed cauliflower recipe is rich, creamy, smooth, and filled with delicious flavor.
I’m not gonna lie to you, mashed cauliflower doesn’t taste like mashed potatoes. BUT if you’re looking for something creamy and delicious that pairs perfectly with a delicious roast or stew, then this is the recipe for you.
Hungry? Read on to see how to make keto Cauliflower Mash!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
Ingredients To Make This Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Making cauliflower mash keto is as simple as controlling the ingredients you use.
- Fresh cauliflower – frozen cauliflower has a lot of water in it and you’ll end up with soup
- Fresh garlic
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Keto Cauliflower Mash
- Start with fresh, not frozen, cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower has too much water in it and your mash will end up being soupy.
- Steam the cauliflower. My favorite method is to put it into a bowl with just an inch of water in the bottom. Toss the cloves of garlic into the water. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and microwave until very soft.
- Whip out your blender or food processor and pop everything into it, including the VERY WELL DRAINED cauliflower.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy, and add salt and pepper to taste.
How To Keep Cauliflower Mash Keto
Butter, cream, Parmesan…all the ingredients in this dish are keto friendly. If you’d like to trim out a few more carbs, omit the garlic.
Chef Jenn’s Tips for This Cauliflower Mashed Potato Keto Substitute
- Is your keto cauliflower mash too soupy? You can thicken it up with the help of a non stick pot or skillet. Just make the keto mashed cauliflower recipe as per the instructions, then pop it into a non-stick pot or skillet and using a spatula to stir, cook it over medium heat to evaporate some of the liquid.
- Add some red pepper flakes to give it a bit of a kick!
- Top your mash with a dollop of butter for even more deliciousness.
What To Serve With This Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
This is the perfect creamy side dish to go with Sausage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, cover it with luscious Turkey Gravy at your next holiday feast, or dish it up alongside this SheetPan Salmon & Asparagus dish.
The possibilities are endless!
Can You Freeze This Mashed Cauliflower Recipe?
Yes, but understand that when veggies are frozen, the cells in the cauliflower burst and release liquid. So it’ll look soupy at first. Keep heating it and evaporate some of that liquid.
To freeze it, cool it completely and wrap it tightly in a freezer safe container. Freeze for up to three months.
Reheat it from thawed in a non-stick skillet or pot over medium heat until heated through and not too liquidy.
Absolutely! Cauliflower is a full of nutrition and it’s a keto friendly ingredient.
It’ll take 6-8 minutes to steam, unless you cut the cauliflower into really big chunks. Steam it until it is very soft.
You’ve got too much liquid in it. Pop it into a non-stick pot and heat it over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, to evaporate some of the liquid.
Like This Mashed Cauliflower Recipe? Also Try:
Step By STep Process to Make MAshed Cauliflower
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Trim the cauliflower and cut it into large florets.
- Steam the cauliflower and garlic in a steamer or pop the florets and garlic into a large bowl. Add 1-inch of water to the bottom of the bowl and cover tightly with plastic. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the cauliflower very well.
- Pop the steamed cauliflower and all other ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until very smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more keto goodness? Check out this family favorite sausage dish or any of my casseroles. Soups & chowders are another tasty pick, and for breakfast, nothing quite beats this corned beef classic.
6 thoughts on “Keto Cauliflower Mash”
I don’t even miss regular mashed potatoes with this recipe! It is so good and love how low-carb and healthy this is! Thank you for this delicious recipe!
Such a tasty side dish and it is great that it is keto too! We love cauliflower in our house so cauliflower mash would go down a treat!
Love this keto version. This mash looks so creamy and delicious. Thanks for sharing.
This is the perfect sub for mashed potatoes! So creamy and delicious 🙂
I had to tell my family these were made with cauliflower…AFTER they ate it all…LOL! So Yummy!
So glad you all enjoyed it!