Packed with protein and a light, sweet touch, these keto Energy Balls are just what you need to get through the day! Easy to make and satisfying to eat, these keto protein balls are a must for anyone on a keto or low-carb lifestyle!
Nutty, crunchy, flavorful, and lightly sweetened, these keto Energy Balls are the perfect way to get a bit of a boost in your day. Easy on the carbs and macros, it only takes 1 or 2 balls to give you a bit of an energy bump to get through the next few hours!
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What you’ll love about This Keto Recipe
- No baking, no fussing! They’re easy to make!
- Keep them in the freezer so they’re ready to eat!
- Tasty and low in net carbs.
Why Eat Keto Energy Balls?
Do you start to run out of steam in the mid-afternoon? If so, you’re not alone. Our bodies work on 8-hour cycles, and by about 3 p.m., you could be running out of energy. This is our body’s way of telling us that it’s time to have a nap. But, if you’re like just about everyone else, you can’t have a nap at 3 pm.
That’s where these keto Energy Balls come in so handy! They’re easily digestible and packed with protein and good keto fats, and after one of these low carb protein balls, you’ll be ready to deal with the rest of your day!
What Is A Keto Energy Ball
Also known as keto protein balls, keto bliss balls, and keto power balls, they are bite-sized nutrient-dense bites that are well-balanced with fats and proteins.
Fats will help make you feel full and they have a pleasant mouth-feel, while the protein will give you enough energy to get through the day. It is a misconception that people need carbohydrates – in fact, we need very little and your body is capable of producing much of what you need. Protein, on the other hand, is what we DO need and these low carb energy balls are designed to give you what you need. And they’re tasty, too!
- Creamy peanut butter – Make sure you’re using sugar-free peanut butter!
- Pecans – Finely chopped.
- Coconut – Shredded and unsweetened.
- Powdered sugar substitute – Use your favorite brand.
- Flax meal – This is just ground flax seeds. Don’t use whole flax seeds.
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Keto Energy Balls
For a complete list of ingredients and instructions, please scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of this page.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier!
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine.
- Form into 8 balls and refrigerate them until firm.
You can jazz up this no-bake energy ball recipe in a number of ways, just be careful to calculate the net carbs if you’re counting carbs. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Nuts – Switch out the pecans for walnuts, pecans, and other low-carb nuts.
- Chocolate – Add 1/4 cup of Lily’s chocolate chips to the mix for a chocolatey treat.
- Oat fiber – Need more fiber in your diet? Add a spoonful of oat fiber to the mix.
- Sugar substitute – Use a brown sugar substitute instead of powdered for a slightly different flavor.
- Extract – Try them with almond extract instead of vanilla.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! Pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months, and let them thaw slightly before eating.
This keto energy ball recipe has just 3 net carbs per ball.
Yes! You don’t need to do any chopping or baking – just measure and mix the ingredients!
Step By Step Process
Keto Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter sugar free
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flax meal ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar substitute
- Mix everything in a bowl together until combined.
- Roll into 8 balls and refrigerate until firm.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
WANT EVEN MORE EASY KETO DIET RECIPES?
I’m always in the kitchen creating new recipes, and while some of them are big hits, I get some misses, too. But these are some of my favorite all-time recipes:
- Thick and luscious Salmon Chowder
- Grilled veggies – I love how versatile this recipe is!
- This amazing cauliflower dish
- Meaty sausage Parmigiana
10 thoughts on “Keto Energy Balls”
I’m working particularly hard right now and these are just what I need to boost my energy!
These are perfect for before my morning workout! They give me great energy! Thanks!
Love all the ingredients you have in these energy balls. And can’t wait to freeze more for later…although I can’t guarantee if there will be any left.
I have been looking for a great Keto dessert and your keto energy balls are perfect! Full of flavor, great tasting, and super easy to make.
Yum! These kept me satisfied for a long time and they were absolutely delicious!
I made a bunch of these to stash in the freezer. Such a good, energizing snack.
I love that these were so easy and so quick to make. Very tasty and gave me the right amount of boost to get me through my day.
These were perfect! Such a great treat for that mid-morning slump.
Going to try your on freezing them next time 🙂
I am always looking for low-carb snacks for 3 pm. These are so filling and satisfying. I am making a bigger batch next!
This is so easy to make and delicious too!