These two-bite Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites are so rich, so delicious, and so indulgent, you might not believe that they’re totally keto! They’re also easier to make than you might think, with foolproof caramel and chocolate sauces, and quick and easy cheesecakes made in a Dash Egg Bite Maker. Read on and I’ll show you all my chef tips and tricks to make these this tasty keto dessert recipe perfect every time!
How Many Carbs Are In This Dessert?
Each serving of two mini keto cheesecakes plus ample amounts of chocolate, pecans, and caramel sauce, come out to just 6 net carbs per serving, making this an easy dessert to work into your daily carb totals.
If that’s too high for you, skip the chocolate sauce and the total comes down to 3 net carbs per serving!
What You Need to Make Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites
- A Dash Egg Bite Maker (you can alternatively make them in a mini muffin tin). This small and convenient appliance makes all sorts of tasty treats like these Spinach & Cheese Egg Bites.
- Mixing bowls – these stacked stainless steel bowls are pretty nearly perfect for this job
- Spatula and mixing spoons – this silicone set is perfect!
Make Things Easy; Make Ahead!
There are three components to this decadent dessert recipe: the cheesecakes, the caramel sauce, and the chocolate sauce.
Each of these can be made ahead and reheated if necessary. The caramel sauce is so good and foolproof, and reheats with just a few seconds in the microwave. The same thing with the chocolate sauce, and the cheesecakes are better chilled.
How to Make Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites
To make the cheesecakes (see recipe below):
Blend the room temperature cream cheese, egg, vanilla and So Nourished powdered sugar alternative with a hand mixer until creamy.
Pour the batter into lightly buttered silicone cups. Add water to the Dash Egg Bite Maker as per manufacturer’s instructions, and cook for 9-10 minutes.
Let cool a few minutes, then pop out of the molds and chill.
Add Keto Caramel Sauce
Here is the recipe for Keto Caramel Sauce.
Add Keto Chocolate Sauce
Here’s the recipe for Keto Chocolate Sauce.
Toast some pecans:
Either in a saucepan on the stove or on a sheet pan in the oven, lightly toast some pecans. Don’t walk away while they’re toasting – they might burn!
How To Assemble Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites
Set two cheesecake bites on a plate. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce, then top with a few chopped toasted pecans. Enjoy!
Do Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites Freeze?
Yes, they do! Simply prepare the cheesecake bites and assemble with the sauces and nuts, then freeze them in an air-tight freezer-friendly container.
To eat, simply let them thaw for a few hours in the fridge, then enjoy!
- This recipe makes 6 bites in the Dash Egg Bite Maker. Double the cheesecake recipe to make more – there is plenty of caramel and chocolate sauce for about a dozen in total.
- To make these in the oven, use a mini muffin pan and bake in a 325-F oven for about 15 minutes or until set.
- Don’t overfill the egg cups in the Dash Maker – they will rise up a bit so you want the cups slightly less than full.
- Use room temperature cream cheese or you’ll never get the lumps out. If you’re in a hurry, you can warm it in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring well in between.
- Don’t like pecans? Use your favorite nut instead.
- If you’re looking for more sweets ideas, check out this keto blueberry crumble!
Turtle Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Mix the room temperature cream cheese with the egg, vanilla, and So Nourished powdered sugar alternative with hand beaters, until smooth and creamy.
- Lightly butter the insides of the silicone cups.
- Fill the cups of a Dash Egg Bite Maker slightly less than full with the cheesecake batter. Add 1/2 cup of water to the basin of the machine, and cook the cheesecake bites for 9-10 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool slightly, then turn the cheesecakes out of the cups.
- To assemble the cheesecakes, top each serving (two cheesecakes) with 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce (receipt below), 1 tbsp of caramel sauce (recipe below), and 2 tsp of chopped, toasted pecans, divided between the two cheesecakes.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.