This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Sweet and with the rich, buttery flavor of slowly-cooked butter, keto Caramel Sauce is a decadent topping that can be added to keto-friendly ice cream, your favorite desserts, or just over a few fresh berries.
This is an easy recipe, adapted from the culinary art of slowly caramelizing sugar to get depth of flavor and color. And, it keeps in the fridge for a few days, without ever getting hard, so you can use it again and again in all your favorite dishes.
What You Need to Make Keto Caramel Sauce
- Spatula – I’m in love with silicone spatulas like the ones in this set
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Brown sugar alternative (I like SoNourished Gold)
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make This Amazing Sauce
There are no complicated instructions here!
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Add the SoNourished Gold brown sugar substitute (or your favorite brand)
- Stir frequently for 3-4 minutes until the foaming subsides.
- Remove from the heat and add the heavy whipping cream all at once.
- Cool and serve!
How Many Carbs are in This Sugar-free Caramel Sauce
This recipe makes about 1/2 a cup of sauce, and in each tablespoon, you’ll find 0 net carbs (4 carbs – 4 sugar alcohols), 8 grams of fat, and about 76 calories. This sugar-free caramel sauce can be enjoyed guilt-free!
How to Store Keto Caramel Sauce
Keto Caramel Sauce needs to be kept in the fridge, because it does have dairy in it. It will, however, keep for up to a week in the fridge. Simply warm it for a few seconds in the microwave to loosen it up for easy pouring or drizzling.
Where to Use This Yummy Caramel Sauce
Drizzle it on top of your favorite low-carb ice cream, dip a few berries into it, or check back to see what other tasty desserts I’m using it with, like these Turtle Cheesecake Bites! You can also drizzle it on top of this tasty keto chocolate cake.
Thick, rich, delicious and foolproof, you don't have to be culinary wiz to make an amazing caramel sauce!
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp So Nourished Gold brown sugar alternative, or your favorite brand
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar alternative (I like So Nourished Gold) and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the foaming has gone down. About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gSugar Alcohols: 4gProtein: 0g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.