Sweet and with the rich, buttery flavor of slowly-cooked butter, keto Caramel Sauce is a decadent topping that can be added to keto-friendly ice cream, your favorite desserts, or just over a few fresh berries. It’s the perfect keto dessert sauce, and I’ll show you all my chef tips and tricks to make it perfectly, every time!
This is an easy recipe, adapted from the culinary art of slowly caramelizing sugar to get depth of flavor and color. And, it keeps in the fridge for a few days, without ever getting hard, so you can use it again and again in all your favorite dishes.
What You Need to Make Keto Caramel Sauce
- Spatula – I’m in love with silicone spatulas like the ones in this set
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- SoNourished Gold brown sugar substitute
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make This Amazing Sauce
There are no complicated instructions here!
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Add the SoNourished Gold brown sugar substitute (or your favorite brand)
- Stir frequently for 3-4 minutes until the foaming subsides.
- Remove from the heat and add the heavy whipping cream all at once.
- Cool and serve!
How Many Carbs are in This Sugar-free Caramel Sauce
This recipe makes about 1/2 a cup of sauce, and in each tablespoon, you’ll find 0 net carbs (4 carbs – 4 sugar alcohols), 8 grams of fat, and about 76 calories. This sugar-free caramel sauce can be enjoyed guilt-free!
How to Store Keto Caramel Sauce
Keto Caramel Sauce needs to be kept in the fridge, because it does have dairy in it. It will, however, keep for up to a week in the fridge. Simply warm it for a few seconds in the microwave to loosen it up for easy pouring or drizzling.
Where to Use This Yummy Caramel Sauce
Drizzle it on top of your favorite low-carb ice cream, dip a few berries into it, or check back to see what other tasty desserts I’m using it with, like these Turtle Cheesecake Bites! You can also drizzle it on top of this tasty keto chocolate cake.
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp So Nourished Gold brown sugar alternative
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the So Nourished Gold and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the foaming has gone down. About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Let cool and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.