Having a great recipe for Keto Chocolate Sauce will come in handy whenever you’re craving a wee bit of chocolate, and this easy sauce is made quickly in the microwave with nothing but chocolate and a bit of heavy whipping cream. In fact, this luxurious chocolate sauce is so good, you can make it whenever you’ve got a craving for it, and it’ll keep for a few days, tightly covered, in the fridge. And, I’ll show you all my chef’s tips and tricks to make this keto dessert sauce perfect every time!
What you Need to Make Keto Chocolate Sauce
- A microwave-friendly bowl (no metal)
- A spoon
- Good quality dark chocolate (I used 70% but use whatever you like)
- Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative (or your favorite brand)
- Measuring spoons
How You Make Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Measure 3 ounces of chocolate into a glass or microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream to the bowl along with 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative.
- Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir.
- Repeat heating and stirring until the sauce is melted.
- Add up to 2 more tbsp of heavy whipping cream until it is the consistency you desire.
Chocolate is Finicky – What to Watch Out For
- Chocolate does NOT like water. It likes fat. Do not use milk, water, or almond milk in this recipe or your chocolate will seize and be ruined. Use only heavy whipping cream.
- Do not overheat this sauce – chocolate will burn and it is nasty smelling. Don’t ask me how I know!
- Be gentle! Chocolate is delicate – don’t beat it, heat it for more than 15 seconds at a time, or try to get it to melt more quickly. Be patient, it is worth it!
- Chocolate matters – good chocolate results in a good sauce.
Is Chocolate Keto?
Yes, it sure can be! The darker the chocolate is the less sugar it has in it, and there are now brands on the market that sell other kinds of chocolate that are sweetened with keto-friendly sweeteners, like Lily’s Chocolate.
How Many Carbs are in this Easy Chocolate Sauce Recipe
This recipe makes about a cup of sauce. In each tablespoon of sauce, you’ll find 3 net carbs, 3 g of fat, and 45 calories.
How to Use Keto Chocolate Sauce
This amazing sauce can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Dipping a few strawberries or raspberries into it
- Drizzled on top of berries
- As a topping on ice cream
- Or used in desserts like these decadent Turtle Cheesecake Bites
- And for more chocolate goodness, check out this keto chocolate frosting, this keto chocolate peppermint shake or these gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookies.
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Add 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream plus the So Nourished powdered sugar and heat in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring well in between each, until creamy and melted. Add up to 2 more tbsp of heavy whipping cream to get it the consistency you’re looking for.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.