This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Having a great recipe for Keto Chocolate Sauce will come in handy whenever you’re craving a wee bit of chocolate, and this easy sauce is made quickly in the microwave with nothing but chocolate and a bit of heavy whipping cream.
In fact, this luxurious chocolate sauce is so good, you can make it whenever you’ve got a craving for it, and it’ll keep for a few days, tightly covered, in the fridge.
What you Need to Make Keto Chocolate Sauce
- A microwave-friendly bowl (no metal)
- A spoon
- Good quality dark chocolate (I used 70% but use whatever you like)
- Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative (or your favorite brand)
- Measuring spoons
How You Make Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Measure 3 ounces of chocolate into a glass or microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream to the bowl along with 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative.
- Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir.
- Repeat heating and stirring until the sauce is melted.
- Add up to 2 more tbsp of heavy whipping cream until it is the consistency you desire.
Chocolate is Finicky – What to Watch Out For
- Chocolate does NOT like water. It likes fat. Do not use milk, water, or almond milk in this recipe or your chocolate will seize and be ruined. Use only heavy whipping cream.
- Do not overheat this sauce – chocolate will burn and it is nasty smelling. Don’t ask me how I know!
- Be gentle! Chocolate is delicate – don’t beat it, heat it for more than 15 seconds at a time, or try to get it to melt more quickly. Be patient, it is worth it!
- Chocolate matters – good chocolate results in a good sauce.
Is Chocolate Keto?
Yes, it sure can be! The darker the chocolate is the less sugar it has in it, and there are now brands on the market that sell other kinds of chocolate that are sweetened with keto-friendly sweeteners, like Lily’s Chocolate.
How Many Carbs are in Keto Chocolate Sauce
This recipe makes about a cup of sauce. In each tablespoon of sauce, you’ll find 3 net carbs, 3 g of fat, and 45 calories.
How to Use Keto Chocolate Sauce
This amazing sauce can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Dipping a few strawberries or raspberries into it
- Drizzled on top of berries
- As a topping on ice cream
- Or used in desserts like these decadent Turtle Cheesecake Bites
Thick, rich, and indulgent, this chocolate sauce goes well on just about any dessert!
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp SoNourished powdered sugar alternative
Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Add 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream plus the powdered sugar and heat in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring well in between each, until creamy and melted. Add up to 2 more tbsp of heavy whipping cream to get it the consistency you're looking for.
Don't overcook this in the microwave! Chocolate will burn, and it is nasty.
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gSugar Alcohols: 4gProtein: 0g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.