Got leftover turkey or are you just craving a delicious sandwich with plenty of Thanksgiving flavors? Look no further than this Leftover Turkey Cranberry Chaffle sandwich! The name is a mouthful, but so too is the chaffwich!
Build on my amazing sourdough chaffle, layer on thin slices of roasted turkey and add a dollop of cranberry sauce on top and get ready to dig in!
Ready to learn how to make this amazing chaffle sandwich? Read on!
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
What You Need to Make This Cold or Hot Turkey Sandwich
- Dash chaffle maker
- Bowl – these stackable bowls are amazing! Dishwasher safe, too!
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cup
Ingredients to Make A Keto Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Thinly sliced leftover turkey or deli-sliced turkey
- Keto Cranberry sauce
- Sour cream
- Almond flour – I use this finely sifted almond flour which gives the chaffles a lovely texture
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pink Salt and pepper – use pink salt to help keep your electrolytes in check!
What’s a Chaffle?
I wish I were the genius to have come up with this idea, but I wasn’t! A chaffle is essentially a cheesy waffle. Almond flour and cheese are used in place of flour, and the whole thing cooks up light and crisp.
Chaffles tend to get a little limp if they’ve been sitting around a while, but you can re-crisp them by popping them back into the chaffle maker for a few minutes. Or, get TWO mini waffle makers and make your chaffles both at the same time.
Chaffles freeze great, and they can be re-crisped in the waffle maker.
How To Make This Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Chaffle
- Plug in your Dash chaffle maker (mini waffle maker) and let it preheat while you get the batter ready.
- Separate the eggs, saving the yolks for another recipe. Whip the egg whites with a fork until frothy.
- Add the sour cream to the egg whites and mix well.
- Add the cheese and almond flour to the egg white mixture and blend well.
- Pour half the chaffle batter into the Dash chaffle maker and close the lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chaffle is golden-brown and releases easily.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
How To Assemble Your Keto Leftover Turkey Chaffwich
- Lay one half of the keto chaffle on a plate.
- Top with 3-4 ounces of thinly sliced turkey (add a bit of salt and pepper if you’re using leftover turkey).
- Add 2 tbsp of keto cranberry sauce and top with the other half of the chaffle.
- Dig in!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Add a 1/4 tsp of dried sage to your chaffle batter for more Thanksgiving flavor
- No keto cranberry sauce? Use mayonnaise instead.
- Make your chaffles ahead of time so that they’re just ready to re-crisp before assembling.
- Jazz up your leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich chaffle with a slice or two of crisp bacon.
What To Serve With This Chaffle Recipe
You bet! When made with almond flour, egg and cheese, they are super low in carbs.
If you’re going to put cheese on your turkey chaffwich, I’d use a good, sharp cheddar. Yum!
I love leftover cranberry sauce, but mayo and mustard are also tasty!
Like This Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Chaffle? Also Try:
Step By Step Images
Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich – Chaffle Style
- To make the chaffle: Preheat your Dash chaffle maker. Whip the egg whites until frothy, then add the almond flour, sour cream, and cheese. Mix well. Cook half the batter at a time until brown and crispy.
- Lay the turkey slices on top of one of the chaffles. Top with 2 tbsp of keto cranberry sauce. Top with the remaining chaffle.
- Dig in!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more keto deliciousness? How about a hearty soup or for breakfast, this deli classic. The Dash Egg Bite Maker makes even more tasty morning treats, or go for this irresistible cauliflower side dish recipe.