If you love the idea of a savory cream cheese filling inside a pepper that’s wrapped in bacon but you don’t like the heat of jalapenos, then this keto Sweet Pepper Poppers recipe is for you!
Starting with mini sweet peppers makes this recipe a breeze, and before you know it, you’ll have a tray full of delicious, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious snacks that are perfect on game day, for potlucks, or any time you want something fabulous to munch on.
I’ve made these in the air fryer, an oven-style one. They’ll work fine in a basket-style air fryer, too, but not if it is one of the models that moves the food around when inside. You could certainly also make these in the oven or even on the grill or smoker.
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
What You Need to Make Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Air Fryer – I used an oven-style air fryer but basket-style would work too, if it doesn’t move the food around while cooking. I like the oven-style because it does other things, too, and isn’t a bulky one trick pony appliance
- Cutting board – don’t use wood. They’re not as sanitary and are harder to wash.
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl – love love love these stackable stainless steel bowls!
- Mixing spoon
Ingredients to Make Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Sweet mini peppers
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Ranch dressing powder
How to Make Keto Pepper Poppers
- Wash the peppers. Using the tip of a sharp knife, slice the peppers from below the stem to the tip. You want to keep the pepper as whole as possible, just opening up a slit to remove the few seeds and to stuff them with the cheese mixture.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, cheddar, green onion and Ranch dressing powder in a small bowl.
- Using a small spoon, put about 2 tbsp of cheese filling into each pepper, pressing it into the pepper with the spoon.
- Wrap each pepper in bacon and air fry at 400F for about 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- If you’ve cut all the way through the pepper, no worries! Just cut them in half and fill them and wrap them with bacon. They might not look quite so pretty but they’ll still taste great!
- Pick peppers that are all about the same size so that they’ll cook equally.
- Use a whole slice of bacon – this is not the time to skimp on bacon! They’ll hold together better if wrapped in a whole slice.
- Regular cut bacon (not thick cut) works best for this Sweet Pepper Poppers recipe.
- Want something delish to dip them into? Check out this cool and creamy Ranch Dressing.
What to Serve with Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
These tasty keto stuffed peppers are a tasty treat just on their own, but if you’re entertaining or in the mood for cooking, make this Cajun shrimp dip, pickled cauliflower, and tasty pork shots to create a spread that’ll impress everyone!
Are Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers Freezer Friendly?
Not really – the sweet bell peppers don’t hold up well in the freezing and thawing process. This dish is best enjoyed fresh from the air fryer.
Yes! Peppers can be a part of a keto diet. One cup of red bell peppers is about 4 net carbs, but the health benefits far outweigh the few carbs these’ll set you back.
Yes! And they don’t take very long to make, either.
Not at all! They’re totally mild and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Images
Sweet with a smoky flavor from the bacon, these keto Sweet Pepper Poppers are easy to make and crazy delicious!
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing powder
- 8 slices bacon
- Cut a slit in each pepper from the stem to the tip. Remove the seeds.
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, sliced green onion and ranch dressing powder in a bowl.
- Stuff 1-2 tbsp of cream cheese filling into the cavity of each pepper.
- Wrap the pepper in a whole slice of bacon.
- Air fry at 400-F for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer, Silver
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, Gluten Free - 1 Packet (Package May Vary)
Serving Size:2 peppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.
Want even more keto deliciousness? Check out this selection of keto appetizers, and if you need something heartier, this Sausage Parmigiana or keto casseroles might hit the spot! This keto soup is a favorite of mine, and if you’re a soup lover, these keto soups and chowders are not to be missed!