If you love the idea of a savory cream cheese filling inside a pepper that’s wrapped in bacon but you don’t like the heat of jalapenos, then this keto Sweet Pepper Poppers recipe is for you!
Starting with mini sweet peppers makes this recipe a breeze, and before you know it, you’ll have a tray full of delicious, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious snacks that are perfect on game day, for potlucks, or any time you want something fabulous to munch on.
I’ve made these in the air fryer, an oven-style one. They’ll work fine in a basket-style air fryer, too, but not if it is one of the models that moves the food around when inside. You could certainly also make these in the oven or even on the grill or smoker.
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
What You Need to Make Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Air Fryer – I used an oven-style air fryer but basket-style would work too, if it doesn’t move the food around while cooking. I like the oven-style because it does other things, too, and isn’t a bulky one trick pony appliance
- Cutting board – don’t use wood. They’re not as sanitary and are harder to wash.
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl – love love love these stackable stainless steel bowls!
- Mixing spoon
Ingredients to Make Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Sweet mini peppers
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Ranch dressing powder
How to Make Keto Pepper Poppers
- Wash the peppers. Using the tip of a sharp knife, slice the peppers from below the stem to the tip. You want to keep the pepper as whole as possible, just opening up a slit to remove the few seeds and to stuff them with the cheese mixture.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, cheddar, green onion and Ranch dressing powder in a small bowl.
- Using a small spoon, put about 2 tbsp of cheese filling into each pepper, pressing it into the pepper with the spoon.
- Wrap each pepper in bacon and air fry at 400F for about 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- If you’ve cut all the way through the pepper, no worries! Just cut them in half and fill them and wrap them with bacon. They might not look quite so pretty but they’ll still taste great!
- Pick peppers that are all about the same size so that they’ll cook equally.
- Use a whole slice of bacon – this is not the time to skimp on bacon! They’ll hold together better if wrapped in a whole slice.
- Regular cut bacon (not thick cut) works best for this Sweet Pepper Poppers recipe.
- Want something delish to dip them into? Check out this cool and creamy Ranch Dressing.
What to Serve with Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
These tasty keto stuffed peppers are a tasty treat just on their own, but if you’re entertaining or in the mood for cooking, make this Cajun shrimp dip, pickled cauliflower, and tasty pork shots to create a spread that’ll impress everyone!
Are Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers Freezer Friendly?
Not really – the sweet bell peppers don’t hold up well in the freezing and thawing process. This dish is best enjoyed fresh from the air fryer.
Yes! Peppers can be a part of a keto diet. One cup of red bell peppers is about 4 net carbs, but the health benefits far outweigh the few carbs these’ll set you back.
Yes! And they don’t take very long to make, either.
Not at all! They’re totally mild and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Images
Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing powder
- 8 slices bacon
- Cut a slit in each pepper from the stem to the tip. Remove the seeds.
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, sliced green onion and ranch dressing powder in a bowl.
- Stuff 1-2 tbsp of cream cheese filling into the cavity of each pepper.
- Wrap the pepper in a whole slice of bacon.
- Air fry at 400-F for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and crispy.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want even more keto deliciousness? Check out this selection of keto appetizers, and if you need something heartier, this Sausage Parmigiana or keto casseroles might hit the spot! This keto soup is a favorite of mine, and if you’re a soup lover, these keto soups and chowders are not to be missed!
8 thoughts on “Keto Sweet Pepper Poppers”
Cheese and pepper are the best combinations ever, but when you add the bacon you make magic. Great recipe
Right? Love ’em!
These are great. I love the added ranch powder for flavor.
What a delicious way to use sweet potatoes. I can’t wait to give them a try.
Making these in the air fryer was so easy and your ranch recipe was the perfect compliment!
My family really enjoyed this!! It was a huge hit!
WOOOW its really amazing making it in air fryer is very easy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
am going to try this
Thank you so much
Come back to tell me how they turned out – I’m sure you’ll love them!